New Oasis single...
Aug 15, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #2 of 15
That sounds great, rocks like golden era Oasis........drummer gets some action in middle solo section. A return to the past but when it sounds that good why not?

Aug 15, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please, please, please let it be sensibly mastered!

Dude, it won't be. This is Oasis, and this is a 2008 rock release.

Aug 16, 2008 at 12:29 AM Post #6 of 15
I was just reading about them the other day in one of my UK music rags (Uncut?), and how they just went through quite a process to pick the new drummer. I'm thinking it worked out well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Good tune. I liked the last album better than anything they'd done in quite some time. From this initial peek, this one sounds like it may surpass that album.

Aug 16, 2008 at 6:26 AM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please, please, please let it be sensibly mastered!

Oasis? Sensibly mastered? Thats like teaching an ostrich to drive an F1 car!

Okay,seriously,am I back in 1995? Who's turned back the clocks?

This track is absolutely mega! Oasis is back and firing on all cylinders,absolutely brilliant!

Aug 16, 2008 at 1:06 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That sounds great, rocks like golden era Oasis........drummer gets some action in middle solo section. A return to the past but when it sounds that good why not?

Have my Oasis music folder open going through back catalog again today

Sound quality is not a major issue for me with Oasis, they have a very feedback drenched washed out sound with kinda slurred vocal delivery so I just enjoy the atmosphere

Oct 11, 2008 at 8:49 AM Post #14 of 15
I didn't like it too much. Guess I was hoping too much out of it. Hopefully the album meets my expectations.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 12, 2008 at 5:57 PM Post #15 of 15
Got the full album last week and had a few listens now, no let down a very solid Oasis album all the way through with the usual mix of rockers, mid tempo, and a ballad or two. New drummer blends in nicely and Gallagher Bros are back in sync with that cocky swagger back......yesssssssss

I had a few John Lennon/Beatle flashbacks during listening sessions, and I mean that in the most complimentary of terms, I love Oasis even more with this comeback album

Users who are viewing this thread

Back