New Nano
May 29, 2006 at 10:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Graz

500+ Head-Fier
Well, I just took the plunge & bought a Nano about 4 hours ago...It's a black 4GB...

This is my first ever Apple "experience", and I'm impressed. Packaging, presentation, look & feel...it's a pretty slick little unit. Rockbox was definitely the determining factor for me. I wanted drag-n-drop file transfer, ogg support, and I did not want to use itunes...mission accomplished from what I can tell so far.

This is my first ever real experience with Rockbox. My first impression is "hey, what happened to the pretty, colorful interface?"...anyway, I've downloaded the [size=xx-small]<104 page
eek.gif
>[/size] manual, so I guess the journey is just beginning.

In the 4 hours since I've owned the unit, I researched the "how to's" on how to download and install Rockbox, fully charged the unit, and filled it with ogg files. I'm listening to the unit now with a pair of Senn CX300. First impressions of SQ...not bad at all. I bought this to be my ultra portable rig, and for that purpose I'm thinkin it's gonna do just fine.

Just now had a quick listen to the line out via PocketDock>>Pimeta>>hd25-1...man, not bad at all! I'm happy!
eggosmile.gif

Peace,

Graz

May 29, 2006 at 12:16 PM Post #2 of 5
Hey, congrats on your purchase.

Imho, Rockbox + Apple's Clickwheel = pure ownage
icon10.gif

Have fun with it! Remember, don't forget to make up the best off-the-wall reasons/stories when a n00b walks up to you and yells, "OMG, what did you do to your iPod?!" Happens to me all the time
rolleyes.gif

May 29, 2006 at 6:03 PM Post #3 of 5
And check out the cool WPS hemes that people have created and uploaded to the rockbox site, they are in the WIKI.

Some great work has been done on them, so you 'can' get that pretty graphical UI if you really want...

Enjoy!

May 29, 2006 at 7:06 PM Post #4 of 5
the Black Glass WPS pwns all...well, it looks ugly on the Nano, but on the Video... *drools*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back