New mp3 player or PDAA called Amp3 - AMAZING!!!
May 21, 2009 at 6:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 111

SACD-Man

Formerly With Whiplash Audio
I must admit when I first got this player I thought it was just another player to demo. Jack from hisoundaudio was so excited about his product that I said, what the hay...no harm, right?

WRONG, lots of harm because I can put it down, Clearly so far the best portable mp3 device that I have ever hear. Jack also told me that it's important to use the included earbuds. Now I'm thinking the ear buds that come with an iPod. Most of us are in this obsession to avoid these earbuds. The buds match the player and was advised to give it a whirl.

I was WRONG again!! Jack filled up 200 sounds. I plugged on the cans and all of a sudden total ear candy...Yum.

3686625369_ac57a26dcb.jpg

3686624955_094e27e91c.jpg

3687426762_e16221b1f2.jpg

3687427030_c64738b35a.jpg

Specs:
*Earphone amplifier grade: Grade A (class A) circuit design

*Amplifier type : Built-in individual earphone amplifier

*Sound process: Built in Proprietary Hisound audio processing module.

*Bundled earphone: PAA-1 HI FI earbud. One of the best sounding earbuds made.
*Sensitivity (dB): 98dB (earphone)

*Impedance 32 ohm earphone (earphone)

*Frequency Response (amp3): 17hz to 28khz

*Power-Handling: 100mW peak / 30mW rated (earphone)

*Memory capacity: 4 G+expanding SD card slot.

*Card Compatibility: Mini SD, Micro SD, SDHC,Mini TFT

*Maximum compatible capacity of the Memory cards: 8G.

*Radio: Hi Fi FM ( Radio frequency can be customized refer to different city Radio frequency segments.)

*Battery capacity: 1800Ma rechargeable Li-ion battery

*Battery continually playing time: > 100 hours ( volume set at 8 degree)

*USB charged and comes with adaptor to plug into power.

*Proprietary Power saving technology: EMA Technology (Energy Management and Ad-measurement Technology)

*Battery type: detachable switch connection, Li-iron rechargeable

*Compatible formats:MP3, WMA, WAV

*Audio-in port for external sound sources.

*eBooks

*Screen: 1 inch OLED

*Color available: Brushed Silver an black
For Silver please contact: http://www.whiplashaudio.com/customer-service

*USB type: mini USB 2.0

*Dimension: 74.5 L X 40 W X 20 H (MM)

*Weight:100G

Truly a new direction in audiophile MP3 players. Combining a Class A headphone amp and a digital music player, this offers a great solution for the audio enthusiast.

PDAA means Portable, Digital, Acoustic, Amplifier

Acoustic; The most difficulty segment for a small compact player is the sound quality. PDAA have solved the problem of noise floor and other problem, Make the sound quality of PDAA up to the hi end CD player grade.
Utilizing a CLASS A amp design, this all-in-one digital player and headphone amp is targeting those how truly love music!! This is the first audiophile grade player/amp that will change how we listen to portable digital music files.

What is included:
AMP3 4GB memory with built in Class A headphone amp
*PPA-1 Hi Fi earbuds
*UBS to type mini B sync cable
*US power adaptor to charge to power

3686625899_fc4a659c27.jpg

This will be demo at Can Jam and 2 players will be raffled plus maybe some extra ear buds. I'm so blown away with the SQ from ths player.

3687417668_dbdb3dc987.jpg

Retail is $210. Introductory price is only $149!!
Order here: http://www.whiplashaudio.com/ipod-ac...ayer-pdaa.html

A great review...check this out:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/amp3-427478/

May 21, 2009 at 2:06 PM Post #2 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must admit when I first got this player I thought it was just another player to demo. Jack from hisoundaudio was so excited about his product that I said, what the hay...no harm, right?

WRONG, lots of harm because I can put it down, Clearly so far the best portable mp3 device that I have ever hear. Jack also told me that it's important to use the included ear buds. Now I'm thinking the ear buds that come with an iPod. Most of us are in this obsession to avoid these ear buds. The buds match the player and was advised to give it a whirl.

I was WRONG again!! Jack filled up 200 sounds. I plugged on the cans and all of a sudden total ear candy...Yum.

3627027761_14a6e892ba.jpg

I'm testing a black player currently, not the silver pictured.
icon10.gif

A quote from Jack:

PDAA means portable, Digital,Acoustic, Amplifier, All-purposed, Affordable hi fi portable player. PDAA have the following key features:
Portable: Measurement with 74mm X 40mmX 20mm, weight only 100 gram, Maybe the most compact small hi fi player system in the world.

Digital: Digital is the future of hi fi audio device. The key problem of digital player need to overcome is the sound quality. PDAA has combined the sounds merits of digital and analog player. which can reproduce very sweet, warm, and detailed sound with clear and wide stage image.

Acoustic; The most difficulty segment for a small compact player is the sound quality. PDAA have solved the problem of noise floor and other problem, Make the sound quality of PDAA up to the hi end CD player grade.

Amplifier: PDAA integrated an individual hi fi earphone amplifier, it can works with any internal ,and external sound source, Such as the IPOD, PC video, Game player, or so.

All-purposed: PDAA is the milestone of the audio history. which combine the functions of self-sound-source ( mp3 player, FM radio,), hi fi individual amplifier, self-powered( 1800MA rechargeable battery), FM radio, E-book, recording( some models), SD micro memory card. PDAA is the only portable hi fi player come with a hi fi earphone. Plus a built in 4gb drive.

Affordable: With a very cheap price you can get :a hi fi earphone, hi fi portable player + MP3 player + FM radio+ memory card + 1800MA battery +sweet sound quality. PDAA is the most affordable hi fi player system in the world.

PDAA is definitely the next generation portable hi fi player.

Photo to follow. I might need security at Can Jam since this might end up in someone's pocket!! LOL

This will be demo at Can Jam and 2 players will be raffled plus maybe some extra ear buds. I'm so blown away with the SQ from ths player.

Intro price is still under under consideration. Most likely around $150~....

$150 with ear buds? Wow!

Lee

May 21, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #4 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this review sounds like advertising. very cheesy. Not impressed.

It is advertising...

It's a new product!!

May 25, 2009 at 10:10 AM Post #5 of 111
What's up with their website having the Rock, Studio, etc model...are they just different cosmetic looks? They have a purist model with no screen or frills for maximum SQ.

I'm interested.

Edit: Product advertising thread has product advertising.

May 26, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #7 of 111
Nah, if you listen to it, than you will understand. These are comments by the manufacture.

But than again, what advertisement is not a glorified feature list???

May 26, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #8 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by scootermafia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's up with their website having the Rock, Studio, etc model...are they just different cosmetic looks? They have a purist model with no screen or frills for maximum SQ.

I'm interested.

Edit: Product advertising thread has product advertising.

The screen oddly to say is a 1" OLED. The menu I'm trying to work with them on making it more friendly.

They really care about the sound. Everything, else is just there for now. The ear buds are matched for the player. I didn't really listen at first than I did notice that the ear buds truly sounded "better" than my custom IEM's. Not in all situations, but certainly overall I was certainly surprised that ear buds sounded that good!!

Jun 7, 2009 at 9:20 AM Post #10 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the "matching" thing with the earbuds... but shouldn't a "close-to-perfect" player just have a linear frequency response (even with low impedance phones), low THD and IMD, and low channel crosstalk to sound good?

Good point.

The ear buds actually sound great. I have never said that about any ear bud. Chances are, they will not be used since users will most likely use what they currently have.

Jun 8, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #13 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarplayer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been grooving on mine! I think everyone will enjoy the demo musical selections it comes preloaded with.
biggrin.gif

Lee

Ha!! There will not be any music loaded! That was for CanJam only.

LOL
Craig

Jun 26, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #15 of 111
They are on there way and I expect them to begin selling by July. If you want to reserve your player, just simply post here and I will hold one for you. Right now there are well over 40 resevered players!!

Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back