New MP3/DAP Player
Mar 15, 2016 at 8:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

blackromeo

New Head-Fier
Hello Head-fi'ers

Apologies for starting a whole new thread, but after reading various DAP threads i didn't want to post the same question in each one.
So... I had a Sansa Clip Zip which unfortunately i lost on the tube a few weeks back, so now i was thinking to buy another one or even the Sansa Clip+ but im seeing that it seems to be discontinued.

Getting straight to the point i've been looking at a new MP3 player or DAP. I'm hoping to buy one which will be a good upgrade from the Sansa Clip Zip, so here are my needs that i would like...

Good battery life

Decent storage (100gb for me is more than enough)

Portable

good visibility on the screen

Great sound quality

A good set of EQ options available (Or maybe something similar to Rockbox if possible)

Price, I'm probably willing the spend up to £150

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Mar 15, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #2 of 4
Take new Sansa Jam! 8Gb inside + slot microSD.
Also Cowon M2 as for good EQ, battery life, size.
Good sound mostly depends of the synergy between Phones and Dap, so usually Phones should be the 1st component and nextly choose player for them.

Mar 15, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #4 of 4
A couple of things i forgot to add, i've ordered a pair of VE Monks after hearing rave reviews about them. I prefer earbuds to IEM's or full size headphones, so those will be my choice to go with the DAP.

I've had a look at these current DAP's which will fit my budget

xduoo x2
xduoo x3
Fiio x3 (2nd gen)
Cowon Plenue D

Also i pretty much only listen to trance, as this is my favourite genre

@BerkoJazz thanks for the quick reply, i had a look at the Sansa Jam, but i've read that it cant be Rockboxed? If this is the case then i'll have to pass because im pretty sure it wont sound the same without Rockbox.

@musicday thanks for the reply also, i did consider trying to find another Sansa Clip+ but i'm now willing to see if there's anything better available  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back