New Members Selling Items in FS forums
Jun 13, 2008 at 12:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

gz76

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi all, not sure who to mention this to, so I'll just put it out there and see what happens. I've noticed lately that a lot of new members are selling items in the FS forums with post counts of less than 50. I've come across quite a few in the last few days.

Here's some:

25 posts - post #1:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f44/fs...-650-a-334213/
and
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f10/so...s-woo6-334025/

33 posts - post #2:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f44/fs...tralia-333593/

15 posts - post #1 and #4 (actually, most of poster #1's posts are in this thread!):
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f42/wt...-700-a-324455/

Anyway, you get the idea - there's plenty more out there too. I thought this wasn't supposed to be possible. Has something changed?

Jun 13, 2008 at 12:40 PM Post #2 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by gz76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all, not sure who to mention this to, so I'll just put it out there and see what happens. I've noticed lately that a lot of new members are selling items in the FS forums with post counts of less than 50. I've come across quite a few in the last few days.

Anyway, you get the idea - there's plenty more out there too. I thought this wasn't supposed to be possible. Has something changed?

I tried posting a For Sale thread when my post count was under 50, and I was immediately directed to a 'You do not have permission to post to this section' page.

I thought it was odd as well, I saw several under 50 posters listing items for sale, but I just assumed they were more privileged than myself
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 13, 2008 at 12:55 PM Post #3 of 35
I'm curious as well. I've seen numerous postings stating the same requirements by mods.
confused.gif

Jun 13, 2008 at 1:02 PM Post #4 of 35
If I am not mistaken, I think post count over 50 is not set in stone. Isn't your join date also get some consideration, as in how long you have been a member. I was dealing with a headfier a while back who had been a member for almost 3 years and had less than 50 posts.

Jun 13, 2008 at 1:15 PM Post #6 of 35
I remember the mods saying that the system was glitchy, and people sometimes got through.

Jun 13, 2008 at 1:40 PM Post #7 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I remember the mods saying that the system was glitchy, and people sometimes got through.

That's what they told me as well when I noticed others got in and not me. Also as I recall some were grandfathered in on time in forum versus posts.

Jun 13, 2008 at 3:43 PM Post #9 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by gautam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
its 1 month, not 50 posts. i got above 50, want allowed to post there (trying to tell a person the deal was over priced). was not allowed.

That's incorrect. It's supposed to be one month and a minimum of 50 posts. I think Jude (or maybe one of the other mods) clarified this a few months ago when someone else queried it.

Jun 13, 2008 at 3:46 PM Post #11 of 35
Quote:

its 1 month, not 50 posts. i got above 50, want allowed to post there (trying to tell a person the deal was over priced). was not allowed.

Not only are you wrong about that, but the rules of FS forbid the twerp police from meddling in someone's FS post.

Jun 13, 2008 at 3:52 PM Post #12 of 35
if you say so, im just saying that's what happened with me. and i personally felt that i would rather not watch a person getting ripped off. so sorry.

Jun 13, 2008 at 3:53 PM Post #13 of 35
Quote:

if you say so, im just saying that's what happened with me. and i personally felt that i would rather not watch a person getting ripped off. so sorry.

You ever heard of private messages?

Jun 13, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #14 of 35
Quote:

its 1 month, not 50 posts.

Thats not correct! The posting rules clearly say:
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
minimum requirements that have to be met before one is allowed to post in the Gear For Sale / Trade Forums:
* You must be registered for a minimum of 30 days, and
* You must have a post-count of at least 50.

Jun 13, 2008 at 4:18 PM Post #15 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You ever heard of private messages?

Thats what i ended up doing. i was just going to write ypgm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back