New Member Introductions thread
Sep 24, 2023 at 8:09 PM Post #14,986 of 15,615
Hey folks,

Newbie here, getting back into spending just a little bit all of my money on audio gear. So far I've managed to behave myself and have only bought a pair of ATH-M40X's for the office and most recently some Salnotes Zero's (which I've been extremely impressed with).

Next up for me I think will be a modest DAP, the Surfan F20 is readily available in my country and its fairly cheap so I'm thinking that's a good place to start. I'm hoping to not have to upgrade it for at least a little while, since I'll try and stick to IEM's for the most part.

Sep 25, 2023 at 7:07 PM Post #14,988 of 15,615
Hello!

I have always enjoyed listening to music, but it has always been a relaxed listening. Was happy as a clam with airpods and Sony noise cancelling headphone, along with a decent gaming headset. Then made the mistake of trying out the "nicer" stuff.

Was initialy disappointed - I heard some difference but didn't think it was much, until I went back to my regular setup. It was like putting on foggy glasses. Except for my ears.

Anyway, looking forward to being a part of this community.

Sep 26, 2023 at 2:24 AM Post #14,989 of 15,615
Hello all,

I've been lurking for quite some time so thought I should join the community properly. My name's Rich and I've been into Head-Fi for about 4-5 years now, although it's become more of a serious addiction hobby the last couple of years!

I look forward to further reading all the helpful knowledge found on the site and hopefully contributing a little too. Most recently I was able to add to the collection a pair of Focal Stellia I picked up for a bargain here in Oz. It's been an enjoyable journey (though expensive!) so far!

Sep 26, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #14,990 of 15,615
Hello everyone,

I'm just getting started on the hobby but plan on keeping it budget friendly as I don't have a need for anything crazy. Been lurking for the past without an account but decided to try to slowly participate.

As many others, looking forward to being a part of this community.

Sep 27, 2023 at 1:35 AM Post #14,991 of 15,615
Hi,

I've been a very long time speaker guy and never understood the high-end headphone world. But during the pandemic, I broke out my old Sennheiser HD580's and started wondering why they didn't sound so great on my laptop and iPhone. 3 years later, I'm deep in the fascinating world of DAC, headphone amps, and fantastic sounding headphones.

Continuing to build out my headphone system, and learning more than I thought was possible. Been reading up on the forums for years, but time to join the community.

Sep 27, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #14,992 of 15,615
Hi!
Long time lurker and thought it was about time to introduce myself and connect. I think my first entry into the head-fi world was looking up reviews for the Sennheiser PC350 like 10+ years ago? Used a pair of Vmoda M100s for a while before falling into the IEM (B2Ds, Xenns Up, SA Ultra) rabbit hole. I still have lots to try out! Looking forwards to hearing from everyone.

Sep 27, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #14,993 of 15,615
Hello,

I am a classical music enthusiast and a fan of full-sized headphones. I have dedicated over three years to this passion, and I am so grateful for how music has accompanied me through the challenging times of the pandemic. I joined Head-fi mainly of finding a reasonably priced pair of headphones in the market, and I have now successfully obtained the Stax SR-009s, thanks to a nice seller.

I hope to connect with more music and headphone enthusiasts and start a new journey here!

Sep 28, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #14,994 of 15,615
Hi All,
I'm new to the forum and community after years of using and collecting headphones.
My current setup consists of a Hifiman HE10002SE and Hifiman Goldenwave Serenade.
I hope to learn more about my equipment and also to contribute to other members that might have questions.

Sep 28, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #14,995 of 15,615
I'm pretty new to the hobby and totally new to this forum. I like my AKG K371 with Dekoni Suede pads and I love my HifiMan Ananda V1.
I mostly like to listen to vinyl records with my HifiMan Ananda. My AKG K371 is for stuff like gaming and YouTube mostly.

I joined this forum because browsing stuff related to headphones is just a lot of fun to me.

Sep 29, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #14,997 of 15,615
Hi all,
i get into this hobby slowly 3 years ago, I’m 48, live in Morocco in Africa (you can imagine how much it’s difficult to find gears here, let alone the prices !) and I’m excited about learning new things using head fi community.

Sep 30, 2023 at 2:50 AM Post #14,998 of 15,615
Hi, my name is Rob, I am from Cheshire in England. I have always marvelled at a good set of Cans, although I would describe myself as a newbie tech wise. I have a pair of Audeze LCD-3 Cans which I plug straight into my Roksan K3 Amp. Pleasure to be here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back