New Member Introductions thread
Jun 22, 2023 at 5:36 AM Post #14,746 of 15,608
You don’t understand, by marketing, I mean advertising, which is just everywhere on Google, all sites are cheated in terms of attendance, but they themselves are garbage, and because of this, normal sites fly far, far down the search pages, i cant spend a weeks only for searching sites, with a list of all amps, I have a real life and work
Unless I miss my guess, no one is going to give you a definitive list of top notch amplifiers tied in a neat little bow. There are amps on here that are pretty universally accepted as being class leading, but you are still going to have to do your due diligence by finding and reading threads and posts. Remember, this is an enthusiasts site, brands and models discussed here have their own adherents, and often times, detractors. Ultimately it’s up to you to decide what to try, and decide what YOU like. So spend some time looking around, ask questions, post up your impressions of gear, in other words participate. The answer will come to you. Oh and most of the people taking time to post on here have real lives and jobs also, chill. Oh and by the way, welcome!

Jun 22, 2023 at 7:00 AM Post #14,747 of 15,608
Greetings to all! Guys, I registered only with an appeal to give me a normal catalog of amplifiers
No, seriously, I'm already tired takind ad marketing sites marked in search "Best of the best of the best *name product* amplifiers"
I hate marketing, im just wanna see a normal catalog of all possible and ever released amps
Please don't ignore
Although I can appreciate your sentiment and enthusiasm, I don’t think you will be able to find a list of “all possible and ever released amps” here… or anywhere for that matter. I’m reading “possible” as “currently available”, and in that case, I’d recommend you dig into the advanced search engine on this site… typically you will find reviews and comments grouped into a narrower set of specifics based on price, quality, functionality and of course personal preference.
There is a ton of good info to be found here, with posts from novices like me, to enthusiasts, to experts and even the occasional producer/supplier. This is an open forum. It is not ad supported, nor ad driven, and that is a rare and beautiful thing. So pull up a chair, put on (or in), your favorite headphones, and tuck in. This is an “all you can eat buffet” and the people are great! Happy reading!

Jun 22, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #14,748 of 15,608
Unless I miss my guess, no one is going to give you a definitive list of top notch amplifiers tied in a neat little bow. There are amps on here that are pretty universally accepted as being class leading, but you are still going to have to do your due diligence by finding and reading threads and posts. Remember, this is an enthusiasts site, brands and models discussed here have their own adherents, and often times, detractors. Ultimately it’s up to you to decide what to try, and decide what YOU like. So spend some time looking around, ask questions, post up your impressions of gear, in other words participate. The answer will come to you. Oh and most of the people taking time to post on here have real lives and jobs also, chill. Oh and by the way, welcome!
Im not saying about top, i dont need them, just wanna scroll lists, with prices and tech specs, thanks anyway

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #14,749 of 15,608
Although I can appreciate your sentiment and enthusiasm, I don’t think you will be able to find a list of “all possible and ever released amps” here… or anywhere for that matter. I’m reading “possible” as “currently available”, and in that case, I’d recommend you dig into the advanced search engine on this site… typically you will find reviews and comments grouped into a narrower set of specifics based on price, quality, functionality and of course personal preference.
There is a ton of good info to be found here, with posts from novices like me, to enthusiasts, to experts and even the occasional producer/supplier. This is an open forum. It is not ad supported, nor ad driven, and that is a rare and beautiful thing. So pull up a chair, put on (or in), your favorite headphones, and tuck in. This is an “all you can eat buffet” and the people are great! Happy reading!
I am very grateful for trying to help, but this is not what I wanted.
I just need a sheet with a price tag and specs, that's all

Jun 22, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #14,750 of 15,608
I am very grateful for trying to help, but this is not what I wanted.
I just need a sheet with a price tag and specs, that's all
I think I understand now. You’re looking for a spreadsheet, preferably sortable, like a Microsoft Excel format or something like it… I’m sure something like that exists somewhere. My best guess would be in a retail database. Which, unfortunately, will be difficult or impossible to access. Most retailers keep that info on lock. They’re usually tied to sensitive information. Wholesale cost, gross margin, inventory levels and sales figures, etc. but if you can find a friendly one, who can pare it down to just the info you’re looking for, then maybe. I just wouldn’t know where to start.

Jun 22, 2023 at 3:23 PM Post #14,751 of 15,608
I think I understand now. You’re looking for a spreadsheet, preferably sortable, like a Microsoft Excel format or something like it… I’m sure something like that exists somewhere. My best guess would be in a retail database. Which, unfortunately, will be difficult or impossible to access. Most retailers keep that info on lock. They’re usually tied to sensitive information. Wholesale cost, gross margin, inventory levels and sales figures, etc. but if you can find a friendly one, who can pare it down to just the info you’re looking for, then maybe. I just wouldn’t know where to start.
Yeah, thats more like it, i just need lists with name and price, "spec’s" i can search optionaly if i need, thanks for understanding

Jun 24, 2023 at 5:51 AM Post #14,752 of 15,608
Hi all,

I have been reading posts on this forum for several years, and just recently registered and looking to have more interaction with the communities here.

I like to listen JPOP and CPOP, Contemparary Christians, Classical and BGM.

Jun 26, 2023 at 5:44 PM Post #14,756 of 15,608
Hello all!

Long time lurker/reader, finally joined after using this site as one of my review/research sources when the audiophile bug strikes me and I feel the urge to upgrade or enhance my set up.

Grew up with an audio engineer father so my introduction to hi fi equipment started before I was even born several decades ago - but it was only within the last few years that it was realized not only can I not stand "average consumer" level of equipment, but I inherited my father's ear and can actually hear the differences and benefit from the higher end equipment for my own enjoyment (alas if only we had realized years earlier - the bonding moments I might have had. We are making up for it now at least).

Recently upgraded my set up partially (lucky me - my husband spilled a drink on my "baby's first DAC" and fried it so he was buying me a new one and I figured I may as well use the opportunity to get some upgrades I wanted anyway for myself) but working on finishing my stack and I have that headphone itch again so I am here to read reviews/ask insights since apparently what I have now exceeds my father's knowledge or range as he's been out of the hobby side of it due to finances for a bit (though he did encourage me to NOT look at tubes/tube rolling for the sake of my wallet though we both already know I'm going down that path eventually).

Jun 27, 2023 at 2:59 AM Post #14,759 of 15,608
Hey, HeadFians, Duggu this side. I am new to this forum. I like treble and midrange, bass is not my thing although I enjoy it from time to time.

I like technicalities, sheer resolution impresses me like nothing else.

Experience
- (Range Based)

I have tested 100+ IEMs (From Moondrop Quarks/Chu to Fourte/Vision Ears EXT)
and 20+ Headphones (Sadly haven't tried any budget headphones & Sennheisers yet but I tried Hifimans, Staxs, LCDs, Mezes, Aeon 2s, etc)
and 50+ DACs (From UA1 to Burson GT)

Music I like -

Anything that is authentic and analog sounding. (Acoustic/Orchestra/Delta Blues) & some Disco music (Not EDM). Not into the Pop culture that much, but I like popular TikTok Music which is pure fun to listen to.

Jun 27, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #14,760 of 15,608
Hi guys, Jonathan here. I'm a music enthusiast from the state of Virginia. I love comparing headphones and audio gear and taking photos of it all. Feel in love with Planar Magnetic headphones over the past few years... just spend more $ a few weeks ago chasing my "end game" than I should have. But that's the hobby, right? Looking forward to sharing with you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back