New Member Introductions thread
Nov 29, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #841 of 15,605
  hey peeps

I have been lurking around here for a very very long time, i generaly dont post at all unless i got something  to contribute.
i am a owner of audeze lcd 2.1 , meier audio daccord / classic via a asus xonar stx optical output.

i use my headphones on average 4 hours per day and love this setup.
although im not baller enough to play around with different dacs/amp i had to squeese the money out for this setup.
massive upgrade from audio technica ath700 pro mk2  driven from a pioneer theatre amp.

main reason for this post is to say a hello to everyone and hopfully unlock pic attachments.
i was going to post on the diy cable gallery thread first but i guess i have to wait for the attach pic ability to be unlocked

seeya guys around :)

Hi 86omfg (and others), welcome to Head-Fi!

Regarding posting pictures, once you keep posting, you will be able to post pictures.  So make sure not to wait for the rights (to post pictures, embed videos, etc.) to happen, make sure to keep posting, and that will be the key to be able to post pictures.

Enjoy, and have a great day everyone! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 30, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #842 of 15,605
Hello to all,

Like many of the posters , it's taken me some time to take the plunge and buy some equipment.

Just bought a Fiio X5 and a pair of Focal Classic 'phones.

Very pleased with the sound.

Couldn't wait for the combo to be my Christmas present, just too long to wait.

Order a Fiio Mont Blanc E12 headphone amp, will have to wait until Christmas Day before opening (apart from charging the battery ).

Regards

Denis

Nov 30, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #843 of 15,605
Hi :)

I'm a frenchie

I got only a Qpad Qh-85 (wich I think is really good for the price in being a microphone-headphone)  and a Marshall Major wich I don't like :frowning2:
But it's been like two years since I am staring at good audio system
My dream is to have a  good nomad setup + good sedentary setupS high end

But it's not cheap :frowning2:

I listen rock, a bit of jazz and reggae, and a lot of my preffered group, Hollywood Undead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocXjr9nPnvg
(It's seems to be a bit trash, but since I am french i don't understand all the subtilities
tongue_smile.gif
)

Well I hope I will pass a good time on Head-fi.org
biggrin.gif

Dec 1, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #844 of 15,605
Hello, new guy in town! All this audio stuff is fresh for me, i'll try to learn as much as I can little by little.  I heard DAC and AMP are good at some website and it brought me here.  I mainly use speakers to listen to music in my pc and would like any suggestion on/if I should get those parts to just listen to better audio from my speakers.  I don't have a audio card, I use the mobo audio.  Any recommendations?  I just like to improve the audio from my speakers, I am not an audio megafan or plan to be, neither a musician or anything to do with professional audio.  Just here to enjoy better audio quality from speakers.  Thanks in advance.

Dec 1, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #846 of 15,605
Today is my coming out of the closet. I've been living with this pent up anxiety since 2009, but only a handful of people would even know (unless you looked at my profile, which states that I've been a member since 2009). Unfortunately I didn't even understand the magnitude of my problem until tonight, when I tried to post my first sale ad. 5 years on this site, and only 2 or so posts. I'm a "new member"! I've been reading, reading, reading...always reading articles, opinions of other members, and occasionally using the For Sale forum to blow ridiculous amounts of money on a hobby that usually only achieves a $100 or less annual budget for most people.

I originally came into head-fi hot and ready for some craaaazy nice headphones. I ended up with a pair of Sony MDR-SA5000's. I used those headphones every day at work from 2009 until the end of 2010 when I left my job. After that, my headphones spent most of their time in their box, in the closet (with me). I didn't feel comfortable laying out my Yamaha stereo and Sony headphones at my new job. I tried leaving them on their stand out in the room, but they ended up dusty and feathered from a down blanket I had at the time. Of course I was unhappy about this and back in the box they went. Somewhat recently I found a pair of Sennheiser headphones on my coworkers desk and started using them. This was the beginning of a new financially irrational era. 

I picked up a nearly new set of HD800's after rationalizing the huge purchase price. After all, what a great value at $1000, right? Someone would have to be financially unstable to purchase a set of headphones for $1500, but only a thousand bucks was almost socially acceptable. My family and friends would understand when I explained that they were actually $1500 new. The sound from these headphones was superb, and brought so much amazement that rather than satiating my desire for quality sound, they fueled my new headphone adventure. If the HD800's are so amazing, some of these other classic headphones must also offer something special. Thus began my PayPal challenge, trying to transfer as much money as possible to other members in the shortest amount of time.

Now is the time, however, to turn the tables. For all the thousands of dollars spent, I finally wanted to be on the other end. I made up my mind to post my first For Sale thread and let the community have a set of my headphones. While trying to figure out how to post a For Sale ad, the truth hit me like a 132,000,834 millivolt blast from a doorknob: the lack of a Post to Classified option is due to my lack of participation in this beautiful online community. Let this be the case no longer!

With this post, I will be 1 post closer to posting a for sale thread. With a reply or two, and even a mini conversation about my weekend, or why I decided to get the MDR SA5000 over the comparably priced HD650, I will be working my way towards the 1,000 post mark!

Spritzer...LOOK OUT!!!

Dec 2, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #847 of 15,605
hello all, long time lurker finally joined. I am pretty new to the good audio scene but  love this stuff have definitely caught the bug. Now to find out if anybody knows anything about some old koss pro/450 digital cans I recently acquired.

Dec 2, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #848 of 15,605
Today is my coming out of the closet. I've been living with this pent up anxiety since 2009, but only a handful of people would even know (unless you looked at my profile, which states that I've been a member since 2009). Unfortunately I didn't even understand the magnitude of my problem until tonight, when I tried to post my first sale ad. 5 years on this site, and only 2 or so posts. I'm a "new member"! I've been reading, reading, reading...always reading articles, opinions of other members, and occasionally using the For Sale forum to blow ridiculous amounts of money on a hobby that usually only achieves a $100 or less annual budget for most people.

I originally came into head-fi hot and ready for some craaaazy nice headphones. I ended up with a pair of Sony MDR-SA5000's. I used those headphones every day at work from 2009 until the end of 2010 when I left my job. After that, my headphones spent most of their time in their box, in the closet (with me). I didn't feel comfortable laying out my Yamaha stereo and Sony headphones at my new job. I tried leaving them on their stand out in the room, but they ended up dusty and feathered from a down blanket I had at the time. Of course I was unhappy about this and back in the box they went. Somewhat recently I found a pair of Sennheiser headphones on my coworkers desk and started using them. This was the beginning of a new financially irrational era. 

I picked up a nearly new set of HD800's after rationalizing the huge purchase price. After all, what a great value at $1000, right? Someone would have to be financially unstable to purchase a set of headphones for $1500, but only a thousand bucks was almost socially acceptable. My family and friends would understand when I explained that they were actually $1500 new. The sound from these headphones was superb, and brought so much amazement that rather than satiating my desire for quality sound, they fueled my new headphone adventure. If the HD800's are so amazing, some of these other classic headphones must also offer something special. Thus began my PayPal challenge, trying to transfer as much money as possible to other members in the shortest amount of time.

Now is the time, however, to turn the tables. For all the thousands of dollars spent, I finally wanted to be on the other end. I made up my mind to post my first For Sale thread and let the community have a set of my headphones. While trying to figure out how to post a For Sale ad, the truth hit me like a 132,000,834 millivolt blast from a doorknob: the lack of a Post to Classified option is due to my lack of participation in this beautiful online community. Let this be the case no longer!

With this post, I will be 1 post closer to posting a for sale thread. With a reply or two, and even a mini conversation about my weekend, or why I decided to get the MDR SA5000 over the comparably priced HD650, I will be working my way towards the 1,000 post mark!

Spritzer...LOOK OUT!!!

Welcome to Head-Fi, and you are 1 post closer to the mark you need!

I enjoyed your story, and this brings me to a question for you: have you considered writing a book? I'd read the book if it got published. Just sayin'.

Anyways, welcome to you and everyone in the New Member Thread! :bigsmile_face:

Dec 2, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #849 of 15,605
Welcome to Head-Fi, and you are 1 post closer to the mark you need!

I enjoyed your story, and this brings me to a question for you: have you considered writing a book? I'd read the book if it got published. Just sayin'.

Anyways, welcome to you and everyone in the New Member Thread! :bigsmile_face:

Thanks I appreciate that. My book would be like reading a version of 2001: A Space Odyssey, but written by a 13 year old who's second language is English, while living out summer vacation with Mononucleosis and a broken wrist . You may think it's a work of Stanley Kubrick at first glance, but after 20 years of review, you would figure out that the tomato can in the background (and that I wrote about) was actually just a tomato can.

Dec 2, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #850 of 15,605
Hi All,

Another long time lurker who finally decided to join up. Recently picked up a set of Sennheiser Momentum on ears and decided to up the audio game a bit with a FIIO x3. Worlds different than driving them off my old Caliphone turntable. One of the best forums around for sure.

Dec 2, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #851 of 15,605
Thanks I appreciate that. My book would be like reading a version of 2001: A Space Odyssey, but written by a 13 year old who's second language is English, while living out summer vacation with Mononucleosis and a broken wrist . You may think it's a work of Stanley Kubrick at first glance, but after 20 years of review, you would figure out that the tomato can in the background (and that I wrote about) was actually just a tomato can.

Seems like you should get to writing that book, and stat! 
wink_face.gif

Dec 2, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #852 of 15,605
Hello All,
            Like others, I have been using the info. gleaned from this site for a while now. But my noobishness has enabled my inevitable joining. 
            If this is anything like a qualification, I own a Oppo se83, a NAD C356BEE, a pair of HiFiman he-400s, a FiiO x5, and am currently awaiting a pair of T-Peos Altone 200s. 
            A lot of my gears were researched through this site, which I thank all the contributors for.Now to my current problem.
            I downloaded some flac files from HDTracks, but I need a step-by-step procedure to:
                                                                                                                                      1. Open the files. ( Best tool for Opening flac files and where to get it)
                                                                                                                                      2. Transfer the files from my PC to my DAP. ( Meathod )

Thank-you for any response. I know this has probably been answered before, but I haven't found the answer yet. Like I said, noobishness.
          Again, ty for any response.
                                                  dignbdug1

Dec 2, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #853 of 15,605
Hello everyone, I'm new to register, but like many others here I am not new to the site. I've spent many hours on head-fi the past 2 years researching the various headphones, amplifiers, dacs, etc. My audio journey began when I was given a brand new pair of AKG K701s and absolutely no knowledge of how to appreciate them. I did a little research, and not only found great sources of reference, but discovered this entire sub-culture of audio enthusiasts. After weeks of reading I finally settled on a pair of expensive equipment, unfortunately for me, as a college student I don't have the kind of money to see my audio set-up come to fruition (yet). I look forward to creating new friendships with all you audiophiles out there and delving further into this hobby.

Dec 4, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #854 of 15,605
Hi guys, just a quick question but may be the wrong thread to put it on. Whilst viewing Head-Fi the other day on a Mac noticed I still hold the title junior member. Wondered when one would become a full member, I presume it's down to the amount of posts you make, no biggy, just interested. Thanks in advance guys n gals.

Dec 4, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #855 of 15,605
Hi guys, just a quick question but may be the wrong thread to put it on. Whilst viewing Head-Fi the other day on a Mac noticed I still hold the title junior member. Wondered when one would become a full member, I presume it's down to the amount of posts you make, no biggy, just interested. Thanks in advance guys n gals.

The tag below your username primarily changes with your post count, as below
Junior Head-fi'er
Head-fi'er
500+ Head-fi'er
1000+ Head-fi'er
Headphoneus Supremus (when you have crossed 1500 posts)

Then there are other tags such as "Contributor", "Member of the Trade", "Sponsor" which, as you can guess, are assigned by the moderators in special cases. I also believe there is an option to add a custom line below your tag, but I am unsure at what point this is possible. 

Bottom line is: There is no such thing as "Full member". :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back