New Member Introductions thread
Mar 16, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #3,361 of 15,598
Long time thread seeker & first time post. You can call me UH or UnbiasedHeretic. I'm a DIY type of person & MOD'ing is my new hobby as well as being a new audiophile. I recently bought MonoPrice 8323, Koss KSC75 & both are in the process to be MOD'ed to the fullest.

Mar 16, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #3,362 of 15,598
Howdy. Been an avid Head-Fi reader for a while, and just now created an account. Figured it was about time I joined. Currently don't have anything too fancy. Just a pair of Sennheiser HD 280 Pros and a set of 3" M-Audio AV 30 studio monitors. Looking to expand my collection slowly but surely. 

Mar 16, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #3,363 of 15,598
Hello everyone,

I'm Joe, the new marketing guy at Antlion Audio, makers of the ModMic.

I come from a background in gaming, primarily indie PC games, so the audio side is a little new. Looking to learn a lot from everyone to better do my job. 

A fair amount of people on Head-fi love our products, so I wanted to say thank so much for everyone's support thus far. I look forward to learning from and chatting with everyone!

-Joe

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #3,365 of 15,598
Was searching for a decent and affordable over the ear headphones and head-fi really helped a lot in the process. As far as the budget goes, I decided to buy the Sony MDR-ZX770DC via Ebay and hoping to received in a couple o weeks. Also purchased a cheap amp that will partner with the sony. This site just pop-up during my research and it really helped me downsize what kind of cans I would purchase. 

Mar 17, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #3,366 of 15,598
Hello everyone!

I'm Michel and I wanted to join this huge and supportive community of people sharing their love for sound.

These forums have helped me to choose some purchases already so I wanted to say thank you :)

I'm currently waiting for my pair of CKR9 to arrive so I'll be joining the ATH CKR thread pretty soon :D

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Mar 17, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #3,367 of 15,598
Hi everyone, 

Just wanna say hello and introduce myself to this great community that I've learnt so much from over the last couple of weeks. I've been going through the various threads and discussions to research and shortlist a DAC and amp for my Sennheiser HD-598. Hoping to take a plunge into the world of digital audio with it. I've finally decided on the Audinst Hud-Mx1 and the Little Dot I+ hybrid tube amp which I've just ordered and should arrive in the next couple of days....hope I've made the right choice. 
redface.gif

Although I'm not entirely new to hi-fi in general, the "head-fi" world is an area that I am not very familiar with. My current set-up includes an Audiolab 8000A integrated amp that I've owned for 25 years (and still going strong), a Marantz CD6000 CD player, a Rega P3 turntable and a pair of B&W CDM1 speakers. 

I've realised I've been listening to less music over the last couple of years. With work and starting a family, there's a lot less personal free time for music nowadays. But during the past weeks that I've been exploring the Head-Fi forum, I could feel the old fire and excitement for music coming back again. 
biggrin.gif

Hope to learn more from you guys in this community...and happy listening everyone 
smile.gif

Mar 18, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #3,368 of 15,598
Hello, just thought I would include a little introductory blurb in the thread.  Just joined but have been reading the head-fi forums for a number of years now.  I really find them the best place for comprehensive information and research when looking for new equipment.  Not in the music biz (healthcare actually) but got turned on to headphones and equipment in early university.  Presently don't have much in the way of equipment as school/training and young family have taken financial priority but I do have a pair of ultrasone pro 900's (listen to a lot of EDM and techno) and a practical devices xm6 amp/DAC. I've also had shure se 215's and 530's.  The 530's eventually fell apart and were replaced by sennheiser momentum IE's but I'm not that keen on them and am looking to replace them with something else.

Anyway, looking forward to reading more reviews, learning more, and trying out some new equipment in the near future when the expendable cash situation picks up.

Mar 19, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #3,371 of 15,598
Hello everyone. Occasional lurker and now a member. Considering a new pair of IEMs after my beloved Shure E4C failed. I currently have Klipsch S4 and Audiofly AF78 but I prefer the Shure. I also have Grado 325i pushed with a Melos Gold amp...great combo! Enough about me though, thanks for the acceptance.

Mar 20, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #3,372 of 15,598
I'm a long time reader of Head-Fi, figured it was about time I introduced myself.
My main home rig is an Oppo HA1 running the balanced cable to PM2 headphones. I've also dabbled with a Schitt Lyre tube amp and Grado RS2 headphones which sound great but are just too uncomfortable for long term listening and have been subsequently sold.
My mobile rig keeps changing, at the moment it is an AK240 having just upgraded from the AK120 Titan. I've had many IEMs from Etymotic to Shure 846 and Westone W60.
I'm currently using 1964 Audio U12 which are great once you get the right tips.
But I've finally taken the plunge and bought a pair of Noble K10 CIEMs and the superlatives used to describe them are correct... easily the IEMs I've used.

Mar 21, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #3,373 of 15,598
Hello everyone,

About six months ago I started to explore the idea of increasing the enjoyment of my music listening experience. Been lurking on these forums ever since then, taking in all the information I can in order to make a few purchases that would get my feet wet. Finally decided a few days ago that it was time to upgrade my current setup (HD598 w/ SMSL 793II) and figured that I needed to start being more active in these forums instead of hiding in the shadows. Looking forward to being part of the community.

Mar 21, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #3,374 of 15,598
Hi all! Surprise! Another new kid in the thread :)
Not only new to Head-Fi but also pretty new to the world of sophisticated audio and my journey has only really just begun. I'll mostly be lurking and seeking advice to set me on the right path. Feels good to finally be a part of the community :)

Mar 21, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #3,375 of 15,598
Hey, just like almost everyone else posting in this thread, i also want to be part of the head-fi community, intead of just being a read-only user.

I visit head-fi for advice and insights in headphones, in-ears, audio interfaces and monitor speakers. With all four of these product categories this community has helped me a lot with my choice in purchasing the right equipment. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back