New Member Introductions thread
Apr 15, 2024 at 9:40 AM Post #15,481 of 15,526
Hello and sorry for my "English".

I have been looking closely at the area of good sound for a long time.
But I was looking more inside myself.

It all started with almost a random purchase of Goldring DR100. After my Chinese headphones, I was very impressed.
It was the moment when I first thought about the difference in sound quality between cheap and inexpensive headphones.
Then I got Goldring NS1000 and my first (and last) Pioneer amp. After a while, I bought Astell & Kern AK100 and while opening the box, inspecting all the accessories,
I suddenly realized that I was "happy like a child". In general, the deeper I tried to immerse myself in this theme, the more convinced I became that it was "more than me". Google convinced me that I would be helped here.

P.S. Tell me please, in which section of the forum is it better to ask a question about choosing
an amplifier for passive acoustics?

Apr 16, 2024 at 5:02 AM Post #15,482 of 15,526
Hello!

I'm new to this wonderful forum, which has become one of my daily readings, I don't know if I'm addicted to headphones or this forum :), maybe both
My current equipment: Topping A-90, Topping E70 Velvet and Ananda Nano. And too, Ifi Zen Can v2 + Ifi Can signature with Audeze LCD2 C.... Saving for my dream Violectric v222 and he1000 Stealth

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #15,485 of 15,526
Afternoon All,

I am also relatively new to portable high-fidelity audio, but I am in awe of the wealth of knowledge and expertise I've found on this site. It's truly a privilege to learn from such well-informed masters.

My go-to MP3 player was the SanDisk Sansa, coupled with Koss Porta Pro for years. I loved the bass-heavy headphones, particularly those that deliver a deep, punchy bass. I just got my feet wet after purchasing Shanling MO Pro DAP. I just purchased the 7Z Sonus, but my cheaper Koss Porta Pro still sounds richer, and it lacks the high-end clarity of the Sonus. I am looking to buy better headphones. What do you all think are good bass-heavy headphones that can be purchased under $300, specifically those that excel in delivering a deep, punchy bass?

Apr 18, 2024 at 3:47 PM Post #15,486 of 15,526
Hello and sorry for my "English".

I have been looking closely at the area of good sound for a long time.
But I was looking more inside myself.

It all started with almost a random purchase of Goldring DR100. After my Chinese headphones, I was very impressed.
It was the moment when I first thought about the difference in sound quality between cheap and inexpensive headphones.
Then I got Goldring NS1000 and my first (and last) Pioneer amp. After a while, I bought Astell & Kern AK100 and while opening the box, inspecting all the accessories,
I suddenly realized that I was "happy like a child". In general, the deeper I tried to immerse myself in this theme, the more convinced I became that it was "more than me". Google convinced me that I would be helped here.

P.S. Tell me please, in which section of the forum is it better to ask a question about choosing
an amplifier for passive acoustics?
Hello, and welcome!

I believe you may need a minimum of posts before you may post yourself in classified subforum, perhaps (5 or ten posts) ?

You presently are in the correct subforum here "Introductions AND recommendations".

Try posting in this subforum your detailed question asking for help making your decisions for potential purchase stating your desired price range is helpful to include in your post.

Pro tip: check out the "Classified" subforum for great slightly used "great deals", as we move up the cost ladder WE sell off very good gear often only lightly used 1 year old like new gear, which you can sell without much loss if and when your tastes, desires and budget allow!!! :wink: :thumbsup:

Have fun and happy listening ! :L3000:

P.S. : First posts can be shared in "MUSIC" - "What Are You Listening To Now" thread which is a lively and fun "thread". Please do read the rules posted at the top of most subforums as to what can/should be posted in any one of the subforums, this keeps posts "ON Topic" orderly and readers know what to expect in each "Thread and subforum".

Folks here are understanding and kind and would want to be helpful, so don't be intimidated, we were all once new to this and are understanding at the added difficulty with initial language difficulties getting started.

I applaud you and our many brothers and sisters doing so in this "English spoken, written" forum all of us having the same desires with our love of music and attaining nice gear to do so at every price step along the way! :slight_smile:

Peace, love and musical best wishes ~ Welcome!

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 4:33 PM Post #15,487 of 15,526
Afternoon All,

I am also relatively new to portable high-fidelity audio, but I am in awe of the wealth of knowledge and expertise I've found on this site. It's truly a privilege to learn from such well-informed masters.

My go-to MP3 player was the SanDisk Sansa, coupled with Koss Porta Pro for years. I loved the bass-heavy headphones, particularly those that deliver a deep, punchy bass. I just got my feet wet after purchasing Shanling MO Pro DAP. I just purchased the 7Z Sonus, but my cheaper Koss Porta Pro still sounds richer, and it lacks the high-end clarity of the Sonus. I am looking to buy better headphones. What do you all think are good bass-heavy headphones that can be purchased under $300, specifically those that excel in delivering a deep, punchy bass?
Hello there and welcome!

Hmmm - Full sized headphones require very powerful amplifiers some of which can be portable and not just desktop useable to realize their potential.

Post in this subforum your specific questions for recommendations and research both here and the "Portable" subforum and perhaps also the "Full sized Headphone" subforum for possible answers to questions already asked and replied by "Search" feature available at the top of each applicable forum.

I hope this helps in your journey here and in our hobby!

Unfortunately often there are no perfectly "right" answers but a general direction can be understood and used as a template in this trial by experience journey as we all learn along the way while trying to be cost effective.

Ultimately we are listening to "an entire system" which has to be matched well to deliver best results hearing the hopefully well recorded music files at their best at a systems given price point.

You may be shocked at how great very good IEM's sound at a considerable savings over the cost of full sized headphones and appropriate amp to drive them. System cost!

But if you are needing open backed headphones to be able to hear around you what's going on, that's understandable and there are full sized headphones which can be driven from portable gear and that which you already have - I just wouldn't know to be able to advise you there.
I do love IEM's. @ USD $190.00 "Dusk" for instance which would be driven adequately with your present gear - if that helps.

Best regards and welcome!
"Sorry about your wallet" :L3000:

Apr 18, 2024 at 5:28 PM Post #15,488 of 15,526
Hi, I discovered this forum about two months ago and enjoyed many thorough reviews and recommendations. Today, I decided to join myself, because I have some questions about a few items from the ongoing spring sales :)
Hi there, I too am new, I just joined today. I'm a total newbie getting into hifi iems and exploring that realm. nice to meet you

Apr 18, 2024 at 9:06 PM Post #15,489 of 15,526
Hello everyone, New to Hi-Fi stuff here and mindblown on the informations of the audio stuff that I have read in this website.
Current setup is Hiby R2 Gen 2 with Moondrop Aria SE IEM.
Planning to upgrade my DAP to Sony ZX707 in coming months. What would be a good pairing recommendation for the ZX707? Considering on Sennheiser IE 200 and Moondrop Kato currently

Apr 18, 2024 at 11:11 PM Post #15,490 of 15,526
Hello everyone, New to Hi-Fi stuff here and mindblown on the informations of the audio stuff that I have read in this website.
Planning to upgrade my DAP to Sony ZX707 in coming months. What would be a good pairing recommendation for the ZX707? Considering on Sennheiser IE 200 and Moondrop Kato currently
Welcome!

Would recommend Myer Audio CKLVX or PULA PA02 (IEMs with same tuning) at that price bracket.
If you like Kato's tuning, Aria 2 is apparently the same thing but cheaper
Kopi C peng is a wonderful drink.

Apr 19, 2024 at 4:42 AM Post #15,491 of 15,526
Hello everyone!

I've been browsing the site for quite a while now but decided to make an account not too long ago since I want to post my listing on the classifieds page and post my own questions and answers.

I've gotten great tips and advice just by reading others' questions, impressions, and answers (my decision to purchase the Annihilator and RN6, for example), but I've decided to be more active in the community as well.

I look forward to interacting with you all, and thank you for having me!

Apr 19, 2024 at 4:13 PM Post #15,493 of 15,526
How do you like the Hiby RS2, I hope to be adding that Dap shortly.

Apr 19, 2024 at 8:55 PM Post #15,494 of 15,526
Welcome!

Would recommend Myer Audio CKLVX or PULA PA02 (IEMs with same tuning) at that price bracket.
If you like Kato's tuning, Aria 2 is apparently the same thing but cheaper
Kopi C peng is a wonderful drink.
Sadly Unable to consider both Myer Audio and PULA as both are not available in my country (Thx to our trade minister restricting import goods).
Review wise, I think I might consider Aria 2 instead of Kato, thanks for the recs. Might have to travel to jakarta to find an audio store to test both next time.
Indeed, without Kopi C peng, my fyp may not be as smooth as it was XD.

How do you like the Hiby RS2, I hope to be adding that Dap shortly.
I haven't tried the RS2, mine is the budget R2 Gen II :3
it does perform nicely for its price point, although now it is starting to freeze and it often resetting itself (maybe due to the size of the sd card I used, 256gb).

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:29 PM Post #15,495 of 15,526
Sadly Unable to consider both Myer Audio and PULA as both are not available in my country (Thx to our trade minister restricting import goods).
Review wise, I think I might consider Aria 2 instead of Kato, thanks for the recs. Might have to travel to jakarta to find an audio store to test both next time.
Indeed, without Kopi C peng, my fyp may not be as smooth as it was XD.
I see I see, that's such a shame.
Is simgot potentially avaliable in Indonesia? The EM6L is also another set to consider in that price bracket.
In the future if budget allows, I would also recommend the Supernova from your local indonesian brand 7th Acoustics, it's worth every penny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back