NEW Linnenberg Audio MAESTRO
Jul 29, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #2 of 9
With a wall-wart supply? I shouldn't condemn before it's heard, but I'm running ortho's pretty much exclusively nowadays. It has the appearance of being built and running the more conventional, dynamic phone, Headphonia really liked their dac.   

Jul 30, 2014 at 7:29 AM Post #3 of 9
I will comment something about Maestro next week the VIVACE Dac is stunning.. if this amp is a good match you have a reference level combo here
5W output should be enough.Vivace is the cleanest Dac i ever heard

Aug 7, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #4 of 9
the Maestro is ultra silent,ultra clean but not sterile sounding amp,it has more flesh than HDVD-600 or Benchmark Dac.You hear a very airy soundstage where every instrument is nailed to it's place like a four board b22 but the Maestro is better suited for HD-800 it's more relaxed.When warmed up you actually don't hear the amp at all,Maestro has huge amount of micro details which pop up from nowhere.The Maestro amp and Vivace Dac together is a dream combo and is a perfect match with HD-800.

Nov 6, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #5 of 9
you get for the Linnenberg combo now a balanced power supply wich makes it even more analog sounding.This is absolutely for me the best headphone source combo ever

Nov 27, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #6 of 9
It is a pity that Linnenberg has received so little attention. I have been surprised by the sound quality of its ARIOSO quite some time ago. Recently I have tried out its flagship combo, the VIVACE and the MAESTRO, and they are one of the very few possible upgrades/replacements that stay in my radar.

I am a user of the Violectric V800+V200 combo and while they serve as a good starting point to getting some decent head-fi experience I am afraid all they offer is 'sound' instead of music. Violectric is decent and good for its price and is a good reference point and I would describe the combo as 'functional' and 'mechanical'. I'd say there is nothing wrong in the Violectric set but it is merely a 'nothing-wrong' pair.

Linnenberg VIVACE+MAESTRO, on the other hand, offers 'music'. I do not mean that it is neutral or musical. I don't think making use of jargons is appropriate. In my opinion what Linnenberg does is different - it tackles head-fi from another perspective. It is gracious. My feeling is that it puts less emphasis on the so-called sound quality. It gives more of a big picture than good sound qualities/traits. 

The combo drives the demo unit beyerdynamic T1 (balanced) with ease - music flows effortlessly, smoothly, cohesively and coherently. When compared to my Violectric set-up the Linnenberg duo may appear to be less powerful, bass is somehow less prominent, body/texture is not as pronounced/solid. My impression is that Linnenberg sounds less functional and less mechanical than Violectric, but I find the Linnenberg experience more enjoyable. 

A few considerations put the Linnenberg combo on my radar instead of on my desk. First, it is expensive as, considering that Linnenberg has recommended the use of a power supply, the bill can end up to some 3,000 EUR even with the discount. Second, I think figuring out what cables to pair with the system is an ordeal and I am sure that my Furutech power cables have to be replaced. But of the recent try-outs the Linnenberg combo ranks at the very top. The tip, to be exact.

Sep 2, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #7 of 9
Maestro is an incredible amp. Amazing is how well it handles the varied power requirements of IEMs (very low levels of hiss, perfect balance) all the way up to hungry low-current headphones such as the 600Ω DT880 and Alpha Dog. 

I will be writing more about it next week, possibly Thursday or Tuesday. 

My only complaints revolve around the volume pot: too narrow, and hard to get at when both outputs are filled up, and the absence of dual 3-pront jacks. Otherwise, grade-A. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back