New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)
Oct 14, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #1,923 of 2,354
What op-amp do you guys find the best in SQ if SQ is the only the consideration.

I only have the 8610 which sounds very good. Never tried other opamp's.

Nice pic Dminor

Sweet pic!

For OP amp considerations about SQ, read the past several pages.  It has been discussed in depth.

Thanks guys. This amp is very transparent and neutral. It pairs nicely with my diymods and EX1000 for that specific sound I go for. No complaint.

Oct 14, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #1,924 of 2,354
The 8610 and 4627 sound extremely similar to my ears. I'm not positive I could tell them apart in a blind test. Of course YMMV.

Oct 15, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #1,925 of 2,354
Hey guys! I'm selling my leckerton uha-6s with ADA4627 & OPA209 op amps. I'm also open to trading it for a uha-4 so if any of you want to upgrade to a uha-6 and own a uha-4, this would be a great deal! 

Oct 15, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #1,927 of 2,354
Already?
tongue.gif

I needed the digital pot volume control. UHA-6S is amazing but I don't have the gear to appreciate it :frowning2: 

Oct 22, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #1,928 of 2,354
Although this is off topic and of peripheral interest, I've recently finally snagged a bright shiny new Kojo KM01-Brass amp. Not a trivial thing for someone living in the US.

However, due to Japanese translation difficulties while ordering, plus no doubt operator error, I've somehow ended up with a couple of extra 3mm mini-mini (TRS) cables also from Kojo (KOJO KM01-OP1). Given the level of Japanese audio equipment quality demanded, I assume that these interconnect cables are of highest quality, which is why I also bought the accessory cable(s) while I had the opportunity.

And I am now willing to sell these spare Kojo cables at basically my cost + shipping; first come, first served. A unique opportunity for USA and other audiphiles who normally don't have access to Japanese audio equipment restricted to domestic sales only, for a high-end portable interconnect cable at a fairly reasonable price. PM me if interested.

Here is the translated cable product description from a Japanese distributer:

KM01-OP1 EMC shielded cable adopts copper alloy gold-plated PC-OCC transmission of high-quality, plug-in conductor. As electromagnetic guard sleeve, hull is suppressing the influence of external noise.

Both ends stereo mini-plug
Cable length: 110mm

Oct 23, 2013 at 7:44 AM Post #1,935 of 2,354
I actually prefer something transparent.
I want to hear the headphones, not the DAC.

But how would you know?
If you have to run something through something, ie can't be run alone... You can make inferences and assumptions based on lots of stuff but you'll never know.

Yes, shatterer of dreams, destroyer of hope, eater of pasta... wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back