New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)
Nov 12, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #751 of 2,354
Quote:
My new Leckerton amp order with extra op amps has now been placed. I've given it some thought and I've come to the conclusion that I shall name this new amp....wait for it.........(drum roll).....I shall name this new amp Eva. I best get Itoru, Sally, and Marilyn together and tell them the good news. The girls are going to be so happy to have a new sister around.

Why not name her Lekeisha lol :wink:

Nov 12, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #752 of 2,354
Quote:

Why not name her Lekeisha lol :wink:

I'm going to save that name for when I buy a large desktop amp lol
wink_face.gif

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #754 of 2,354
Quote:
Which Op-Amps did you go for?

8610ARZ, OPA209AID and OPA627AP

Say can anyone here throw up a link to a nice small screwdriver for opening up the Leckerton. All my screwdrivers are rather big

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #755 of 2,354
Quote:
8610ARZ, OPA209AID and OPA627AP

Say can anyone here throw up a link to a nice small screwdriver for opening up the Leckerton. All my screwdrivers are rather big

You can use a regular sized screw driver to open it up. In all honesty the first couple time you open it it will be a bit tough. But also be sure to line up the faceplate correctly which will make it much easier to put back in and take out :). I tend to push down or up (depending on what position you are holding the amp) while putting the screws back in to remove resistance. Keep in mind you only need to remove the front cover and don't waste your time removing the back plate. The board slides right out once you remove the 2 screws.

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #756 of 2,354

Get a miniature screwdriver kit -- either a half-dozen or dozen screwdrivers with flat, Phillips, and hex ends, or a socket set with a dozen or two different tips. They're all good.

If you're collecting amps, you may as well collect the tools to go with them, right?

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #757 of 2,354
Quote:
Get a miniature screwdriver kit -- either a half-dozen or dozen screwdrivers with flat, Phillips, and hex ends, or a socket set with a dozen or two different tips. They're all good.
If you're collecting amps, you may as well collect the tools to go with them, right?

Can't fight that logic, I've already gotten the IC Puller for yanking the op amps so I might as well get a nice small fit kit together. Hmphhh THIS doesn't look to bad. What do you guys think?

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #758 of 2,354
Looks like it will do the trick but look at those reviews lol. I tend to be a stickler for bad reviews. But it's not always the case though :p. Some people are just crybabies over stupid things....

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #760 of 2,354
The problem with the cheap kits is that the tips are soft and sometimes ruined after one use, usually taking out the screwhead when it goes.

Go to your local Sears/Sears Roebuck and get one of the Craftsman precision tool or jeweler's tool sets. Good, hard tips and lifetime warranty on most of them.

Nov 12, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #761 of 2,354
My Wiha drivers have been through a couple decades of use and abuse. I've got down to a #000 Philips, but #00 is about as small as I've seen in consumer equipment that I'd want to take apart myself. They are still high quality, from what I can tell.

http://www.wihatools.com/pro_Precision.htm

Nov 13, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #765 of 2,354
For anyone wanting confirmation about the Hakshop cable and the Leckteron UHA-6S.MKII - it works of course. Just got my Leckterton today, early impressions favourable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back