New keyboard for new build!
Jan 16, 2010 at 1:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

Al4x

Headphoneus Supremus
ive got a new computer to build since my laptop is no longer capable of anything graphically demanding [even dvds]

i have a wireless microsoft 7000 entertainment keyboard which i will use but id like a wired light up one for evening and playing games so theres no lag [happens sometimes on this if hasnt been touched for a while]

reccomendations?

ive looked at

saitek cyborg
logitech G15
razer lycosa

anything else worth looking at and any reccomendations?

Jan 16, 2010 at 8:36 AM Post #4 of 38
Das Keyboard, Unitech, or try to get an old school IBM model M keyboard ,

i wouldn´t pay more then 10 bucks for a non mecanical keyboard, not worth it,

Jan 16, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #5 of 38
im kinda used to flat keys, [laptop for years and microsoft 7000]
WED7000_web.jpg

i like the look of the logitech above, microsoft also do one called the x6 that looks nice

i cant decide on bulky or flat keys

i dont want a cheap model really

Jan 16, 2010 at 1:47 PM Post #6 of 38
I've gotten myself a cherry standard recently. Although it doesn't light up I couldn't be happier with it. For anything with laptop buttons I would just go for a cheap logitech OEM one myself.

Jan 16, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #7 of 38
this haas to be light up, cause my bluetooth one is fine during the day, and good for watching DVD/TV from the bed

this has to be wired, and light up

as of now im most taken by the microsoft x6 and saitek cyborg
[dont like the blue on the lycosa and think g15 is too big]

Jan 16, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #9 of 38
Get the G15, I am using it now and I love it. I love the way the keys feel and the LCD isn't as pointless as everyone says. Plus the programmable keys come in handy.

Jan 16, 2010 at 7:38 PM Post #10 of 38
i was just going to say i have [almost] ruled out the g15 cause of the fixed orange colour, its really gonna clash with where its going and will probably annoy me, otherwise i probably would

i quite like the microsoft x6 [in red] and saitek cyborg [red], one has flat and one has risen buttons, [im thinking the risen buttons may be better for games?]

price for all of these is roughly the same, im also probably gonna swap my microsoft 7000 for an 8000 as its a rechargable light up bluetooth keyboard

Jan 17, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #12 of 38
Unicomp_keyboard.jpg

Unicomp Customizer 104. These are the same as IBM Model Ms as Unicomp bought the tooling when IBM stopped making the keyboard. No, it's not lit. Yes, it's loud and big and not as "stylish" (they are made in black) but it really is the best keyboard on the market today. Mine is fantastic.

Jan 17, 2010 at 3:38 AM Post #13 of 38
IMO the X6 has superior key feel to the G15. And if you don't have an N52te you can use the number pad as the poor man's (or the neatnik's) equivalent. The major problem with the X6 is lack of tilt, but I use small sorbothane feet instead. The G15 is the 'industry standard' but I've always felt the key feel was cheap and wears worse in comparison to the other high-quality domed rubber keyboards I've had.

Jan 17, 2010 at 3:43 AM Post #14 of 38
Well if you want the best "key feel" get a mechanical keyboard. I would love to have one but they are ridiculous expensive and lack features.

Jan 17, 2010 at 2:55 PM Post #15 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by unl3a5h3d /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well if you want the best "key feel" get a mechanical keyboard. I would love to have one but they are ridiculous expensive and lack features.

Absolutely not convinced they're better for gaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back