New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Feb 14, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #3,751 of 8,377

You should not have any kind of discomfort. If any part of your ear cartilage hurts, you need a refit.

As far as the tickling and popping noises, try wiping them (and your ears) to remove the coat of oil that your ear produces. It create an attachment between the acrylic and your skin, and every time there is a tiny movement, you hear a sort of "detachment" pop. This is pretty normal.

Thank you

Feb 14, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #3,753 of 8,377
Is anyone using their Roxanne's straight up with an iPhone and "regular" iTunes music files? How's the overall SQ and satisfaction?

Thanks

I'm planning on doing this while mobile. With my JH13s it's absolutely fine. So good that I gave up using portable amps like ttvj slim and pico, etc. In my opinion and in my uses, the portable amps were not worth the hassle of rf contact, bulk, etc. I am planning on doing the same with Rox. At home they will scale incredible, mobile the jh13 sounds fantastic and I'm betting Rox will too..

Feb 14, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #3,754 of 8,377
  Finally received a reply after an angry email.:) I was told my order is ready and they are waiting for the cases to be done...Just told them I don't mind the normal JH13 case, see what (whether) they will reply.

When did you order your Roxannes?  Are they CF?  What is your order/invoice number?  

I personally would love to try to get a better understanding of when people ordered and more specifically, when they are getting their orders.  

One of the biggest issues for a large number of us that are waiting is not knowing how many CF Roxxanes are being produced per week.....

If JHA is able to produce 1/day, then I can figure out an approximate time frame knowing that I started out in spot 105 for the CF's.  

Feb 14, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #3,755 of 8,377
My daily usage always iphone/ipod straight, with jh16 is already very good, but Rox is another league.

JH16 didn't scale well with better source and amp, but rox do scale very well.

Quote:
Is anyone using their Roxanne's straight up with an iPhone and "regular" iTunes music files? How's the overall SQ and satisfaction?

Thanks

Feb 14, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #3,756 of 8,377
When did you order your Roxannes?  Are they CF?  What is your order/invoice number?  

I personally would love to try to get a better understanding of when people ordered and more specifically, when they are getting their orders.  

One of the biggest issues for a large number of us that are waiting is not knowing how many CF Roxxanes are being produced per week.....

If JHA is able to produce 1/day, then I can figure out an approximate time frame knowing that I started out in spot 105 for the CF's.  

What was your order number?

Feb 14, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #3,757 of 8,377
Mavwong. Get an amp even if with the headphone out on the iPhone or whatever. . You are recalling missing out on the details. See if someone can let use there's just to try and you will be hooked.

Al

Feb 14, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #3,759 of 8,377
See my impression here, I did lolz.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/684396/new-jh-audio-flagship-siren-series-roxanne/3615#post_10261463

with JH16, improvement with better source and amp can't justify the size and weight of DB + MK3 stack, just too heavy.

With Rox, I now start to think of better DAP. Again, no AK120 or 240, just don't like them, price and interface wise.

Quote:
Mavwong. Get an amp even if with the headphone out on the iPhone or whatever. . You are recalling missing out on the details. See if someone can let use there's just to try and you will be hooked.

Al

Feb 14, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #3,760 of 8,377
Here is a little story . I owned both a AK120 and a hibino hdpr10 . And I sold the AK120. But kept the hibino. Now I use IEMS. Everyday. . I own portible a Amps. I have the one you mentioned and the iBasso balanced one. . I cannot say how much better it is with the amp. Especially with jh audio iems. Not so much with other brand iems I have. Now yes it stinks to carry around the stack . But a rubber band and in coat pocket. For me it is well worth worth it.
But I do see your point .

Al

Feb 14, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #3,761 of 8,377

Thanks

I occasionally use my iPhone 4 as source (music files all 256kbps AAC) and I have no problem enjoying it. Certainly not as good as any decent DAP (x5/120/901 etc..) but the SQ is just fine on-the-go.

I wouldn't strap an amp to my phone either, not worth the hassle for such slight improvement (if at all)

Feb 15, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #3,762 of 8,377
I think I read this somewhere on the thread before, but would small ears rule me out or reduce the sound quality of the Roxannes or any other high driver amount CIEMs such as the JH16? I have asian smallish ears and I imagine my ciem would look a lot sharper and top-down than the nice rectangle/square shape on the designer page.

Feb 15, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #3,764 of 8,377
I think I read this somewhere on the thread before, but would small ears rule me out or reduce the sound quality of the Roxannes or any other high driver amount CIEMs such as the JH16? I have asian smallish ears and I imagine my ciem would look a lot sharper and top-down than the nice rectangle/square shape on the designer page.

It may rule you out of a CF Roxanne (like it did me), but they may be able to do it. I have small ears as well, and my Roxannes stick out quite a bit, but they work just fine.

You'd probably have to send your impressions in to get a definite answer.

Feb 15, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #3,765 of 8,377

I ordered it on Black Friday. Acrylic.

They told me they will ship my Roxanne early next week after I told them I don't need the CF case. 
Finally the wait will be over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back