New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jan 15, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #2,709 of 8,377
For the complete retards like me?  What can I do to improve the sound between my Roxanne and AK120?  Should I turn the bass all the way up or down?  Is there anything that I can do in between to help (cables, mods)? 

From just my listening, it sounds better with the bass at maximum.  Very few songs has too bright tremble ...

Thanks in advance
Well I would say try it first. If the bass sounds anemic or weird, then you can either add and amp or get the AK 120 modded to have lower OI. But if it sounds fine don't worry be happy.

Jan 15, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #2,710 of 8,377
Jan 15, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #2,713 of 8,377
That is a blanket statement without any merit
Name a IEM of headphone besides the he 6
That the ak120 does not drive well. And tell me what other dap it works good with
Please educate me please

Al

Jan 15, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #2,714 of 8,377
That is a blanket statement without any merit

Name a IEM of headphone besides the he 6

That the ak120 does not drive well. And tell me what other dap it works good with

Please educate me please

Al

Driving pertains to power output that affects how loud a headphone sounds. But I think the concern here is AK120 with 3 ohm output impedance shifts the frequency response of low impedance headphone like JH16 (Roxanne included) .

Yes I tried it, compared with DX50. Slap an amp (try the UHA 4 or C5D) with AK120 and you will hear the difference. Whether you like the difference or not is just matter of personal preference. I will definitely not use an AK120 unmodded or unamp with JH16 not because it can't drive the iem/headphone well. But because it does not sound as I expect it to be with JH16.

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #2,715 of 8,377
Well I would say try it first. If the bass sounds anemic or weird, then you can either add and amp or get the AK 120 modded to have lower OI. But if it sounds fine don't worry be happy.

120 has 3ohm, still too high?

Easy calculation is output impedance x8
So. Yes 3ohm is way too high

Users who are viewing this thread

Back