New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Apr 25, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #7,611 of 8,377
Yeah, that cable's a rip off. no justification for the price.

Anyway, I agree with everyone here, just get a replacement cable (not ^ that one). I've been screwed over by JHA big time and have wasted so much money on shipping and refits, but just suck it up and get a new cable. Then never buy from them again (like me).

The Roxanne's sound too good to abandon over a broken cable.

Apr 25, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #7,612 of 8,377
Just got some update news regard collaboration AK with crystal cable going to launch a new cable for JH AUDIO.

Pricing will be around US1,500.

LOL. What an insane price. That's almost as much as the Roxanne itself.

Anyway, I love the Roxanne as it is. If I'm going to get a replacement cable, I'm just doing it for aesthetic reasons alone.

Apr 25, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #7,613 of 8,377
I'm glad everyone here's dumping on that cable. I wish people in the Tralucent threads would display the same level of sanity reasonableness. 

Apr 25, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #7,614 of 8,377
I'm sorry to hear I'm not alone in this bad cable issue too. My cable started cutting out on the left side a few months ago; now they're almost unusable. Yeah they sound great, but for the price, we shouldn't have any cable issues. What's the best pricing anyone's found on replacement cable either third party or stock?

Really bummed, 6 months old and nearly unusable. My W4r's over a year old going strong, Ety H3's 3 years old, are my daily users now and my 4 year old TripleFi, going great as well.

Apr 25, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #7,615 of 8,377
I'm sorry to hear I'm not alone in this bad cable issue too. My cable started cutting out on the left side a few months ago; now they're almost unusable. Yeah they sound great, but for the price, we shouldn't have any cable issues. What's the best pricing anyone's found on replacement cable either third party or stock?

Really bummed, 6 months old and nearly unusable. My W4r's over a year old going strong, Ety H3's 3 years old, are my daily users now and my 4 year old TripleFi, going great as well.

Same here. There's something wrong on the left side that sometimes I have to press on the cable connector to get the right sound. 

Apr 25, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #7,616 of 8,377

Same here. There's something wrong on the left side that sometimes I have to press on the cable connector to get the right sound. 

I have some experience with bad cables. My first cable started cutting out on the left side, and it turned out to be a poor connection somewhere between the jack and the bass pots. Somewhere along that line, if the cable flexed a certain way, I would lose the highs in the left monitor. This started about 18 months into using them and I use them every single day, sometimes roughly, so I chalked it up to wear and tear mixed in with poor cable construction. New cable fixed that ($100 later... shipped to canada)

However, I've also experienced a different problem, which doesn't really require a replacement cable and might help you or some other people. If you are getting cut outs, and touching or pressing near the collar of the cable fixes it (so near the ear), then you probably have poor pin contact. You can fix this by using a sharp or pointy tool to squeeze the metal blades of the female side of the connector closer together, so that when the connector slides on, the pins are squeezed harder.

Just an PSA that might help someone save some money and grief.

Apr 25, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #7,617 of 8,377

I have some experience with bad cables. My first cable started cutting out on the left side, and it turned out to be a poor connection somewhere between the jack and the bass pots. Somewhere along that line, if the cable flexed a certain way, I would lose the highs in the left monitor. This started about 18 months into using them and I use them every single day, sometimes roughly, so I chalked it up to wear and tear mixed in with poor cable construction. New cable fixed that ($100 later... shipped to canada)

However, I've also experienced a different problem, which doesn't really require a replacement cable and might help you or some other people. If you are getting cut outs, and touching or pressing near the collar of the cable fixes it (so near the ear), then you probably have poor pin contact. You can fix this by using a sharp or pointy tool to squeeze the metal blades of the female side of the connector closer together, so that when the connector slides on, the pins are squeezed harder.

Just an PSA that might help someone save some money and grief.

Fixed! Thank you so much my friend :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back