New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Mar 17, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #4,457 of 8,377
Tuesday. I wish and I would be posting already. Enjoy them things and don't worry about burn in. I think it's more us then the iem,s. Anyway. The Colors sound cool. Post some pics man. Especially the inside stuff.

Al

I did, Al, they were a few posts up :)

So after letting it run for the night, coming from the LS8, this thing sounds ridiculous; the micro-details, the positioning, the sound stage, the separation, the clarity, the timbre, i'm totally enjoying every single song now. It's addicting! I'm pairing it with the ZX1 and it's great!

Mar 17, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #4,458 of 8,377
FranklinPlanner -

I had to send my JH16s for a re-fit also and all they did was make some adjustments. Go to their website and they have a tool which helps them pinpoint exact issue. The key thing is that you really have to stay on top of them because if you don't, it could be a long process. Make sure you explain as much as possible about issue. I even sent pictures.

When I get them back 2 1/2 weeks later, they were exponentially better. During process, I called a few times a week to make sure they were working on them.

I hope this helps!

Mar 17, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #4,460 of 8,377
Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Heard the Roxanne's today (universal kit).  They really sounded great.  First, a bit of what I am used to listening to.  I started with IEMs about 10 years ago with Etymotic ER4s.  They lasted for a really long time.  Then I moved on to Shure 525s.  They were somewhat eh.  After that, I was upgraded to Shure 535s.  That is what I have generally been listening to for the last few years.  I generally listen to the headphones on the subway using an iPhone 4s (with some amplification on occasion) or at home on my main rig.  The front end of the rig at home is a mac-mini to a Meitner MA-1 with a litany of headphone amps (unbalanced as the balanced connections go to my main preamp).  

Anyway, I went to see Dr. Glick at Musician's Hearing Solutions today.  I had impressions done and than got to sit in the lobby and listen to the Roxanne's while she saw other people.  
The Roxannes were an immense step up from my Shure 535s in every way from the point I plugged them in to the second I took them out of my ear.  The sound from the Roxanne's was unbelievably clean and clear.  The separation from the Roxanne's was almost indescribable.  The only time I have heard so much distinct separation is at concerts.  You could hear everything in the recording (which is good and bad).  I would say that these were unforgiving to a bad recording from my limited listening. That said, the treble got under my skin a bit on some songs and seemed a bit fatiguing because of this.  I cannot fault the IEMs.  I think it was the recording for the most part.  There was just some sort of hiss (siblance?)  The bass response was terrific.  I found 2-3pm was perfect.  It was clean and not at all boomy.  It's response reminded me of a sealed sub.  With these, you will never vibrate from the bass, but you will hear it clearly and cleanly.  Well, those are my impressions.  I am hearing a pair of Noble K10s in the next few days.  I hope I don't need to order both...  

Mar 17, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #4,461 of 8,377
I also have reviewed and have th eUE18 so this will be a nice comparison to that other upscale model. The nice thing is this is adjustable which I have not even touched the adjustments yet.  I will ahve soem fun with them over the next couple of months.

Mar 18, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #4,462 of 8,377
Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Heard the Roxanne's today (universal kit).  They really sounded great.  First, a bit of what I am used to listening to.  I started with IEMs about 10 years ago with Etymotic ER4s.  They lasted for a really long time.  Then I moved on to Shure 525s.  They were somewhat eh.  After that, I was upgraded to Shure 535s.  That is what I have generally been listening to for the last few years.  I generally listen to the headphones on the subway using an iPhone 4s (with some amplification on occasion) or at home on my main rig.  The front end of the rig at home is a mac-mini to a Meitner MA-1 with a litany of headphone amps (unbalanced as the balanced connections go to my main preamp).  

Anyway, I went to see Dr. Glick at Musician's Hearing Solutions today.  I had impressions done and than got to sit in the lobby and listen to the Roxanne's while she saw other people.  
The Roxannes were an immense step up from my Shure 535s in every way from the point I plugged them in to the second I took them out of my ear.  The sound from the Roxanne's was unbelievably clean and clear.  The separation from the Roxanne's was almost indescribable.  The only time I have heard so much distinct separation is at concerts.  You could hear everything in the recording (which is good and bad).  I would say that these were unforgiving to a bad recording from my limited listening. That said, the treble got under my skin a bit on some songs and seemed a bit fatiguing because of this.  I cannot fault the IEMs.  I think it was the recording for the most part.  There was just some sort of hiss (siblance?)  The bass response was terrific.  I found 2-3pm was perfect.  It was clean and not at all boomy.  It's response reminded me of a sealed sub.  With these, you will never vibrate from the bass, but you will hear it clearly and cleanly.  Well, those are my impressions.  I am hearing a pair of Noble K10s in the next few days.  I hope I don't need to order both...  

I don't think hiss and sibilance are the same. You are probably hearing sibilance. If you hear a hiss, it's probably in the recording or your source has a high noise floor. Roxanne will reveal much clear details and separation if you have a transparent source (DAC/AMP) and you set the bass at 9AM.

Mar 18, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #4,466 of 8,377
Common let the person be happy will you. Not cool to say it's not worth it after somebody just spent 1200 .
On them. Hey man the wait will go fast and most likely not be 3 months. What color combo did you get ?

Al

1. Model: Sirens Roxanne
  2. Cord color: Clear
  3. Cord length: 64"
  4. Custom IEM - Left: Shell Color: Ripple, Shell Opacity: translucent, Face Art: Model Number, Color: Yellow
  5. Custom IEM - Right: Shell Color: Red Hot, Shell Opacity: translucent,  Face Art: JHAudio Name Logo, Color: Yellow

Mar 18, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #4,467 of 8,377
Wow they will look cool. I went with the CF. And not my best move in this so far. Today is judgement day I hope.

Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back