New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Mar 14, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #4,412 of 8,377
I finally gave in. I ordered CF on Black Friday, and after enquiring about my order learned that I could either go acrylic and have it in a couple of weeks, or stay with CF and wait for "months". I guess I don't mind too much, I think acrylic will be better for showing off the driver layout, but it doesn't exactly leave me with a nice feeling.

Mar 14, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #4,413 of 8,377
  I finally gave in. I ordered CF on Black Friday, and after enquiring about my order learned that I could either go acrylic and have it in a couple of weeks, or stay with CF and wait for "months". I guess I don't mind too much, I think acrylic will be better for showing off the driver layout, but it doesn't exactly leave me with a nice feeling.

When I had contact with Corbyn on the same matter, she told me that mine could be shipped in a month... almost the same as when I would change to acrylic... Furthermore, there are already some Nov. orders shipped so I would suggest everybody to just hold on....

Mar 14, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #4,415 of 8,377
Ok I just rec an update from Angie
They were mailed out on 3/13/2014 and I have tracking as well
So Tuesday delivery so far.
When I have more I will post.
Should I say I am leaving for a week on Monday night
Oh well.
Al

Mar 14, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #4,416 of 8,377
The workmanship is near perfect on my earphones. I think they have finally figured out how to do CF pieces now. I donot see any bubbles. They have simplified the case too. No more exact negative impressions in the case. Also the inner part of the case where the ear pieces rest is acrylic now.

I am a newbie. What should nose isolation be like? The isolation is not as much as my Shure SE846. Would that be a candidate for a refit? I did follow the insertion videos on YouTube.
If they fit comfortably in your ear for lomg periods and you get a seal even if you move your head and jaw then you are fine. Some universala may isolate better than customs depending on tips, mostly with foam tips. I found the 846 to be very isolating even compared to some of my customs.

Mar 14, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #4,417 of 8,377
If they fit comfortably in your ear for lomg periods and you get a seal even if you move your head and jaw then you are fine. Some universala may isolate better than customs depending on tips, mostly with foam tips. I found the 846 to be very isolating even compared to some of my customs.

True, it depends on the tips you use. Isolation can exceed customs. However, the challenge is to keep or maintain that level of isolation when you move. In my experience as soon as I open my jaw uiem just pops out of my ear. With customs you get the same level of isolation regardless of what you are doing.

Mar 14, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #4,418 of 8,377
I have found the same with regards to isolation with the Etymotic ER4 series being the best isolating IEM I gave ever tried. I also notice that with customs your voice (if you speak while wearing them) seems a lot louder than it does when you are wearing a universal IEM. I imagine this is due to the acrylic picking up the vibrations & enhancing them & the foam/rubber etc of a universal absorbing them...

Mar 14, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #4,422 of 8,377
Not picking but I have two unirversals and bags of tips
And a custom give a much better level of isolation and comfort
Others should be saying the same
Al

Mar 14, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #4,425 of 8,377
  I received mine roxanne yesterday. Took a few pictures, but couldn't post them up here. May have to send them back for a refit...

I'll refit your pictures with pleasure.
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back