New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Oct 13, 2013 at 2:15 AM Post #166 of 8,377
I kinda hope they bomb and fail.  I don't wanna spend any more money!

Oct 13, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #168 of 8,377
FYI, a JH Audio Roxanne impression from CanJam:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685524/canjam-at-rmaf-october-2013-impressions-thread/15#post_9884575

Oct 13, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #173 of 8,377
Hi All,

I was at CamJam this weekend and stopped by the JH Booth.  I did demo the Roxanne's, but I am very new to this hobby, and in NO way experienced enough to provide any valuable insight on them, so I won't make any attempt.  All I'll say is they sounded amazing to me, partnered with just an AK120.  Enough for me to place an order for the Roxanne's, since there was a slight discount offered for orders placed at the show.  I'm a little nervous since it's a new product, but I'm placing faith in Jerry's track record and the fact that I love my JH16 pros which opened up a new sonic world to me.  Also, Jerry and his team were amazingly helpful in explaining the technology that allowed this next level to be reached.  The reasoning seemed sound and far removed from being Marketing Fluff... but since I'm such a newbie what would I know!  Having said that, Jerry and team were a class act.  They treated me with respect despite my obviously being new to high-end audio, and it's clear they have passion for their work.  I went for the all carbon addition, and was told that all colors and creative options are available for that option.  BTW, I think it was asked earlier in the thread if the carbon option was a full piece of carbon or only a thin layer; I was told by Jerry it's absolutely a complete piece of carbon fiber, and not just a shell.  The team has some remaining travel before returning home so I was told it would be several weeks before we see an update on the website with the new model, for those wondering.  I wish I was more knowledgeable and able to provide helpful insight, but I'm sure that others will fill that gap.

Oct 13, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #175 of 8,377
Was really close to pull the trigger on jh13pro when I stumbled on this...

It's nearly double the price of 13, earliest shipping is november (according to someone in rmaf impression thread), which means earliest i can get my hands on them is end of this year, most likely early january considering waiting time for impressions from early adopters. Plus there's no certainty that it will be 'better' than 13. OK, not to mention that ugly bass adjuster...

And yet I am finding myself trapped in the rift between pulling the trigger on 13 now and just be merry, and waiting several months to see how roxanne fares against 13.
OR I can always blindly dive into the world of the unknown and order roxanne now. It's certainly not a wise decision but you guys may be familiar with the saying "the fear of loss is greater than the hope of gain".

Whoever calls audio as hobby is delusional. This, without a doubt is a curse.

Oct 13, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #176 of 8,377

It's nearly double the price of 13, earliest shipping is november (according to someone in rmaf impression thread), which means earliest i can get my hands on them is end of this year, most likely early january considering waiting time for impressions from early adopters. Plus there's no certainty that it will be 'better' than 13. OK, not to mention that ugly bass adjuster...

And yet I am finding myself trapped in the rift between pulling the trigger on 13 now and just be merry, and waiting several months to see how roxanne fares against 13.
OR I can always blindly dive into the world of the unknown and order roxanne now. It's certainly not a wise decision but you guys may be familiar with the saying "the fear of loss is greater than the hope of gain".

Get out before you get sucked in! Nope too late. This hobby is a disaster for your wallet and your bank. Seriously. Every time I try to make a sound decision, that thought at the back of my mind asking "what if" will always haunt me, and this is exactly why I, and probably the rest of us, spend top dollar for the best...

Oct 13, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #177 of 8,377

I've been going through the same decision. I'm 98% sure that I'm getting the Roxanne, but if I were getting the JH13, I'd wait until Black Friday.

I already have customs that I'm completely happy with... so I definitely agree with the curse statement. I'm young and have already spent a fortune on IEMs and am starting to dive head first into the headphone world as well! Eeep!

Oct 13, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #178 of 8,377
Discount was 20% off list.  It did sound smoother/better than my JH16's.  What was interesting was I could hear the effect of adjusting the bass, depending on taste and needs of the particular tract, but there was no audible effect (to me) on the mid or high range.

Oct 13, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #180 of 8,377
How was the bass quantity/quality compared to the JH16?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back