New iRiver AK70
Oct 21, 2016 at 5:00 AM Post #721 of 1,293

EQ has never been working on AK70.
Even new software 1.30 did not fix it.
AK is aware of that bug.
We shall mesure their responsiveness.

Quote:

Agreed! And the fix needs to be done ASAP.

Well, Rockwell, I'm throughly annoyed because the X7's EQ is kick-ass, otherwise the 70 is cool in every other way.  Can a firmware update take care of this?  I need EQ for FLAC files that were produced decades ago and reveal hiss...what would you do?  Thanks.

feel free to add your requests. we should make a poll or so. then we just have to figure out how to let a&k know:

the ak70 needs some serious software tweaks:
- mass storage device capabilities for mac
- better eq (with presets)
- non skeuomorphic ui (no ulgy leather, stone, or fabric)
- better power/battery management
- power/battery and sample rate indicator while in dac mode

which other features do you guys request?

Oct 21, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #722 of 1,293

feel free to add your requests. we should make a poll or so. then we just have to figure out how to let a&k know:

Totally for this. Perhaps a petition? Just not sure how to get started on one.

Oct 23, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #723 of 1,293

You are paying for the build, brand, and better UI. Sound is subjective but I would imagine that the AK70 and X7 are both on the same level in terms of sound quality.

i cannot quite see this argument. you pay 500 to 600 dollars (depending on you market) and you get a plastic lcd screen and plastic back. this is not premium imho. for this price front and back should be gorilla glass. and it also should not have a wobbly and flimsy volume wheel. this is not precision manufacturing or machining.

i just saw that the ak70 got an award for best dap of the year or so. i really don't get why it would deserve such an award. it sounds good (if you have the right phones to pair it with) but that's about it. the software sucks (somehow asian companies seem to not really care about software or know how to get it right. everything feels botched together. maybe i'm just spoiled by apple's ios and google's stock android) and the hardware is just okay.

Totally for this. Perhaps a petition? Just not sure how to get started on one.

i would support this immediately. any idea how to communicate this to a&k? i tried it via the following communication channels about os x integration:

1. email an support.inc@iriver.com
  2. message to https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern.kr 아스텔앤컨(Astell&Kern) 공식 페이스북입니다. —> official korean facebook page; this message has been read; no answer yet
  3. message to https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern.alex "This page is operated by AK global marketing team in Seoul." —> another official facebook page
  4. message to 
     Alex An, Astell&Kern Marketing Manager —> same alex an who runs 
    another official facebook page; he's even writing with fans but not with me; no answer yet​
  5. 2 posts on 
    https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern Alex An did not comment back​
  6. tweet to https://twitter.com/astellnkern
  7. message to https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern/
  8. comment to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYT9YZPae5w; run by "
    Astell&Kern Marketing Manager" Alex An; no response​

so far no results. their support sucks. they pretend to be devoted to the fans and costumers but they are not.

Oct 24, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #724 of 1,293
Rockwell:  Just my vote of support re: your comments on the AK70.  I use Jriver MC22 on a MacBook Pro and have a large collection of various HD files and formats which I have carefully crafted into differing playlists.  The cumbersome effort and time it requires to transfer these into the AK70 is a major bummer.  I can't understand why they just can't make the AK70 show up/synch like any other storage device on a Mac.  I was initially confused with the paltry directions and lack of info on the AK website.  Almost everything I've learned about operating this device has been thru trial and error.  My efforts to contact AK support have also been completely ignored.  The only redeeming factor is that it sounds wonderful.  Keep on 'em!

I anxiously hope for, and await Apple's decision to enter this hardware market.

Oct 25, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #725 of 1,293
woah, answer from a&k via support.inc@iriver.com:

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestions. They have been forwarded to our R&D team and we hope to them implemented on a future firmware update.

Regards,

Astell&Kern / iriver US Customer Service Center

so i recommend that all of you who have feature request send them to the folks over at support.inc@iriver.com. the more people complain about its issues the faster we may get results. hopefully.

Oct 25, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #726 of 1,293
Iriver branch, from my experience proved to be more professional than the AK branch.

Don't quote me but the head of iriver actually said beside the finish there isn't a difference between ak380 and the ak380cu.

Oct 27, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #728 of 1,293
Hi guys, there is one strange thing with my AK70. I dont have in store menu MOOV app and it shows me always an update of MOOV app, but everytime it ends with error. Do you all have MOOV app in store menu? I have the latest firmware 1.3, and in store menu I have Groovers+ and TIDAL, but not MOOV. That neverending update warning is driving me crazy. Thanks

P.S.: There is a secret menu, when you go SETTINGS - SYSTEM INFORMATIONS - 5x click on MODEL NUMBER, you will enter a secret menu, but it is useless, because it is in Korean language (I think it is Korean, but I am not sure) :)

Oct 27, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #729 of 1,293
Don't quote me but the head of iriver actually said beside the finish there isn't a difference between ak380 and the ak380cu.

I believe that in an instant -- and why should there even be a difference? I think the hardware is really good, the flaws are in the software... I'd also like to see the AK players be mounted as simple mass storage devices under macOS, I find some transitions on the UI rather illogical (when I tap on the <- button while in the settings application the current view shrinks and vanishes when I started from the home screen, but moves to the left when I started on the play screen, while the same looking button on the play screen makes the home screen move in from the right side) and lagging, especially the album views not preloading album covers. I don't use EQ, so I've not even notice the problems others are reporting.

Still the AK players do one important thing ver good: sound. Yes, they are not the most powerful of long lasting battery-wise, but they sound really good.
According to the specs at astellnkern.com output power of the AK70 and the AK380 are about the same btw. The AK380 amp does offer (much) more power though.

Oct 28, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #730 of 1,293
Rockwell, you're the man!  You'd think a feature as necessary and ubiquitous as an EQ would be a no brainer...)

Many thanks for your efforts.

Oct 31, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #731 of 1,293
Hi guys, can you help me please?
Is here somebody who bought this player in EU and has this MOOV application in STORE Menu? Thank you guys. My estimation is that this application was erased for Euporean market from this player and it has faulty endless update cycle while connecting to internet. The second possibility is that I have a faulty product.
Thanks for your ideas.
Tomas

Nov 2, 2016 at 6:16 AM Post #732 of 1,293

MOOV is there (AK70 bought in France)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back