New iRiver AK70
Dec 1, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #826 of 1,293
  Hi All,

just got this great DAP today, feeling very happy now. just one quick question, do you hear soft clicking sound when you adjust the volume knob? I remembered when i demo the display set at shop, there is no clicking sound when i changed the volume.

thanks in advance

Cheers

Do you hear a physical sound from the object it self or you hear it during music playback on your headphones?
I don't hear any clicking during music playback...

Dec 1, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #827 of 1,293

Do you hear a physical sound from the object it self or you hear it during music playback on your headphones?
I don't hear any clicking during music playback...

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

with each turn of the volume knob i can hear and feel it clicks from the knob, don't hear anything thru the headphone during playback. is this normal?

Thanks

Dec 1, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #828 of 1,293
  Hi,

thanks for the reply.

with each turn of the volume knob i can hear and feel it clicks from the knob, don't hear anything thru the headphone during playback. is this normal?

Thanks

Yes, thats normal. I also feel and hear it too.
It´s a digital volume controller so the clicks can give you a physical feeling of each step!

Dec 4, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #831 of 1,293
Is the AK120ii better sounding ?

Dec 5, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #832 of 1,293
Phone + Mojo > AK70 + Mojo!!!

That's how I saw it. You guys are overkill with everything. I'll start to call you guys "Mr. Stackhouse". It seemed like you're not a true audiophiler or audiohead unless you start carrying around stacks and stacks of DAP, DAC, Amp, Pre-amp,......... rubber band them together like a brick...........

Dec 5, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #833 of 1,293

That's how I saw it. You guys are overkill with everything. I'll start to call you guys "Mr. Stackhouse". It seemed like you're not a true audiophiler or audiohead unless you start carrying around stacks and stacks of DAP, DAC, Amp, Pre-amp,......... rubber band them together like a brick...........

Yeah, there's zero point in buying an expensive AK DAP if you're going to be hooking it up to a Mojo... Just use your phone then + Mojo.

Dec 5, 2016 at 1:51 AM Post #834 of 1,293

Frankly I find the phone+Mojo highly impractical. The sizes don't match, making stacking awkward. And there is an unacceptable quantity of interference coming from the phone unless you put it in airplane mode, which defeats its main purpose: communication.
Personnaly I ended up not using my Mojo at all because the phone+Mojo combo was just too frustrating.

I only started using the Mojo again when I got the AK70. I also bought the awesome Dignis leather case to fit both devices. This combo is more compact and has more storage capacity. Better useability overall.

Dec 5, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #835 of 1,293
  Yeah, there's zero point in buying an expensive AK DAP if you're going to be hooking it up to a Mojo... Just use your phone then + Mojo.

Completely agree. Just use the damn AK player lol you bought the AK70 (most likely for portability) so use it!

Dec 7, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #837 of 1,293
  I'm confused... Why do I always see AK70 or some other high-end DAP paired with Mojo or some other high-end DAC/AMP? What's the point? 256GB iPhone would make more sense

Your confusion is not unwarranted, as it makes no sense whatsoever to buy an expensive DAP, to only then end up using it purely as a transport 

Dec 7, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #838 of 1,293
I'm tempted by AK70 because the price on amazon.co.jp is pretty good right now. The new Pioneer XDP-300 is only a bit more expensive but it's a big tablet like thing. I want something simple-ish :) Definitely not going to hook it up to any external DAC though.

Dec 7, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #839 of 1,293
  I'm tempted by AK70 because the price on amazon.co.jp is pretty good right now. The new Pioneer XDP-300 is only a bit more expensive but it's a big tablet like thing. I want something simple-ish :) Definitely not going to hook it up to any external DAC though.

Sent you a PM

Dec 7, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #840 of 1,293
I run my AK300 as a transport (USB out), but in my case I find the dac/amp I use preferable over the AK300 headphone out with a few IEMs. It was never purchased for such a purpose but I'm where the better sound is. Especially using the setup in a home environment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back