New Indian Woody enters the arena: Targus AEH02AP
Feb 16, 2009 at 1:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 72

Stevesebastianb

500+ Head-Fier
AEH02AP_accessories_b.jpg

A new woody has just entered the arena from of all places "India" , they are medium sized closed dynamic cans with light coloured wood cups. They are the Targus AEHO2AP. Not much is known about them at this stage, there are not even much in the way of specs., Ohms, SQ etc., I have written to Targus and await their reply?

Features (Mfg. hype so far):

-Light and portable; perfect for music on the move.
-Greatly reduces stationary waves and resonance points, reproducing a crisp and clean acoustic experience.
-Vivid music reproduction and bass boost.
-Collapsible headphones fit perfectly into supplied pouch.
-Use with iPod/PC/MP3 player or airplane via supplied adaptor.

Size : 13.5 x 12.4 x 9.5 mm

Weight: 8.33oz

It's genuine wood ear cup will ensure the music sounds natural and warm. Its 40mm Neodymium speaker driver has been selected to reproduce a wide range of genres in vivid high fidelity.

targus_200.jpg

A tag of Rs 3,600 they do seem costly, especially compared to the Sennheiser HD 212 Pro that you get for under Rs 3,000 and gives the same performance. That translates to a street price of US$73.73 in India at time of writing.

I will post more when I hear from Targus.

1123_image2.jpg

AEH02AP.jpg

1123_image4.jpg

1123_image6.jpg

Steve
atsmile.gif

Feb 16, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #4 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by vkvedam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha! Nice packaging though... Would look forward for some impressions.

I am also intrigued, there are no in depth specs given:-

Wood type?

Ohms?

Frequency Range?

Efficiency dB?

I may just order a pair for fun
atsmile.gif

Feb 16, 2009 at 2:51 PM Post #5 of 72
Well I wouldn't, unless you've got some cash to burn in. Targus are good at making other things for Laptops, I doubt that they have done enough research in creating these headphones.

But it's your decision, I am just giving you my point of view.

Feb 16, 2009 at 2:57 PM Post #6 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by vkvedam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I wouldn't, unless you've got some cash to burn in. Targus are good at making other things for Laptops, I doubt that they have done enough research in creating these headphones.

But it's your decision, I am just giving you my point of view.

^^^Not to worry, I just found a source in Singapore that are selling them for US$58.00 (of course not including postage), but at that price it won't exactly break the piggy bank, LOL. I'm awaiting a reply from the Singaporean seller. I seriously doubt that these are made by Targus themselves, probably an OEM product coming and originating from a headphone mfg. in China I would suspect?
darthsmile.gif

Feb 16, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #7 of 72
Probably some very cheap transducers in an also cheap (pseudo-) audiophile looking wooden housing. I wouldn't expect much more
wink.gif

Feb 16, 2009 at 3:14 PM Post #8 of 72
what is 'Indian' about it? ..is it made in india? ..targus aint even an indian company

if its Indian Kashmir wood then there is something to look out for.

Cricket bats made by Kashmir wood are used by international players
GM_Cricket_Bat.jpg

Feb 16, 2009 at 3:19 PM Post #10 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what is 'Indian' about it? ..is it made in india? ..targus aint even an indian company

if its Indian Kashmir wood then there is something to look out for.

Cricket bats made by Kashmir wood are used by international players
GM_Cricket_Bat.jpg

They were found in India being marketed by Targus (India) there, if you have read my further posts I did already mention that it is probably an OEM product coming from China.

Feb 16, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #13 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The marketing is all written in Korean. So, probably made in china, marketed to koreans?

^^^Those photos were subsequently located from another source in Korea. The original source for these was in India where they are sold for 3,600 Rp, but best bet is they originate from China.

Feb 16, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #14 of 72
These could be a good frame to make frankenphones out of if they sound terrible.

Feb 16, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #15 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishcabible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These could be a good frame to make frankenphones out of if they sound terrible.

^^^Could Be! Too little is known about them, I don't think anyone has heard them. The lack of specs. is a bit worrying
confused_face_2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back