New iMod for the iPod 5G: A Red Wine Audio/ALO Collaboration
May 23, 2007 at 8:49 PM Post #316 of 456
Can't wait to read the review comparing 4th and 5th Gen Imod.
Just bought a 4G. Might upgrade it to 5G if the difference is significant...
sigh.....my wallet......sigh......

May 24, 2007 at 2:08 AM Post #318 of 456
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinnie R. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try refreshing or clearing cache... it should work fine

The update seems like it could use a bit of cleaning up.

"ALO Audio, a highly-regarded cable manufacturer, teamed-up with us and has created an iMod Dock Cable that has these capacitors installed in the dock plug of this cable. This cable is required for use of the 5G/5.5G and it MUST be purchased separately from ALO Audio. in order to use your 5G/5.5G iMod.

As mentioned above, the 5G/5.5G iMod requires the use of an ALO Audio iMod Dock Cable. ALO Audio offers a few different versions of this cable, and they are all of premium quality and are designed for specifically for the 5G/5.5G iMod (the Black Gate NX-Hi-Q signal coupling / dc-blocking capacitors are expertly installed in the dock plug of this cable)."

I think changing it to:
We have teamed up with ALO Audio, a highly-regarded cable manufacturer, to introduce the iMod Dock Cable. ALO has found a way to install the capacitors in the dock plug of the cable itself, thus it is required for use with the new iMod. You must purchase the cable seprately from ALO Audio's website.

The ALO cable is required for use of the 5/5.5 Gen iMod. They offer several versions, and each premium quality cable has been specifically designed for use on the iMod.

With the bolded website being a link to the cables on ALO's website. I don't mean to sound critical, just thought the wording could use a bit of tweaking. I won't be offended if you don't change it or anything either.

May 24, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #319 of 456
Hi darkswordsman17,

Thanks for the feedback... itis much easier to read (and flows better) with your suggestion. I plan to update the page tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Vinnie

May 24, 2007 at 4:03 AM Post #322 of 456
I purchased the iMod 4G/ALO cable package from Ken a few weeks ago, and can attest to his excellent and responsive customer service, having visited him in person since I also live in his greater neighborhood Portland. I've been very happy with the iMod in combination with my Portable Millett Hybrid amp (which Ken also likes) and HD-600s.

The last time I saw Ken he was very excited about the 5G iMod, so I'm biting the bullet, and though I love it, have put my 4G iMod on ebay in order to put the funds towards the 5G. The next decision is whether to go with the Cryo X silver, or Gold x Silver dock... I hope to report back on that subject once I've had a chance to compare them after Ken receives the 5G iMod from Vinnie.

May 24, 2007 at 1:24 PM Post #324 of 456
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Vinnie,
When are you going to report your findings with your A/Bing the two different generations?

I will be reporting soon (hopefully by tomorrow night)... I just want to burn-in the 5.5G iMod some more to really see what it can do, and more importantly, I need the time to post about my findings. I'm extremely busy these days!
eek.gif

I will be starting the modification process to 5G/5.5G iMods next week. I will also be receiving those iMod tags that I am having made next week, so all 5G/5.5G iMods will ship with these tags applied.

Thanks for all your patience.... great things are coming soon!

Best regards,

Vinnie

May 24, 2007 at 1:26 PM Post #325 of 456
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinnie R. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will be reporting soon (hopefully by tomorrow night)... I just want to burn-in the 5.5G iMod some more to really see what it can do, and more importantly, I need the time to post about my findings. I'm extremely busy these days!
eek.gif

I will be starting the modification process to 5G/5.5G iMods next week. I will also be receiving those iMod tags that I am having made next week, so all 5G/5.5G iMods will ship with these tags applied.

Thanks for all your patience.... great things are coming soon!

Best regards,

Vinnie

When will Ken have is stock of pre-modded units? I've already lined up a deal to sell my 4G.

May 24, 2007 at 3:57 PM Post #326 of 456
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When will Ken have is stock of pre-modded units? I've already lined up a deal to sell my 4G.

I am planning on shipping Ken modded 80GB units by the end of next week.

May 24, 2007 at 5:07 PM Post #328 of 456
Can't for the 5G iMod's to be in production.
Cause then Vinnie will follow up with research into modifying the iPod nano.
biggrin.gif

May 24, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #329 of 456
Quote:

Originally Posted by cpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes this will be interestiing. I would really like a imodded nano! Are you selling your 4g because of sq or features of the 5g?

Thanks

A combination of both. It seems like the 5G at least matches the 4G in sound quality before burn-in, so will have to see what Vinnie reports. The 4G is amazing so any improvement on top of that is a bonus. I like having 20GB of extra space to play with on the 5G, and black is a nice color
tongue.gif

One alternate option for those of you with 4G iMods considering the 5G is to enjoy the great sound on the 4G and wait until the 6G comes out and get that instead if it's able to be modified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back