New iMod for the iPod 5G: A Red Wine Audio/ALO Collaboration
May 20, 2007 at 2:12 PM Post #272 of 456
I am so glad that both Ken and Vinnie are working together to make this happen (although my wallet is not). However it is very interesting to me to see so many people willing to spend over $200 to upgrade 1st and 2nd gen Shuffles.

I believe the average CD take about 350 MB in Apple Lossless, so the best you will be able to carry is 2.8 albums in a 1 GB shuffle. Ouch! that is a lot of money for so little music, wouldnt it make more sense to do it on a larger capacity unit?

May 20, 2007 at 2:21 PM Post #273 of 456
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
However it is very interesting to me to see so many people willing to spend over $200 to upgrade 1st and 2nd gen Shuffles.

I searched this thread, and you are actually the first one to mention the Shuffle. So I have no idea where you got the idea that many of us want an iMod Shuffle...
wink.gif

May 20, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #274 of 456
Quote:

I am so glad that both Ken and Vinnie are working together to make this happen (although my wallet is not). However it is very interesting to me to see so many people willing to spend over $200 to upgrade 1st and 2nd gen Shuffles.

I believe the average CD take about 350 MB in Apple Lossless, so the best you will be able to carry is 2.8 albums in a 1 GB shuffle. Ouch! that is a lot of money for so little music, wouldnt it make more sense to do it on a larger capacity unit?

Either I missed it, or you mixed up the Shuffle and Nano. Largest Nano is 8GB- so 20 albums or so. The beauty of the Shuffle is that it's small, convenient and cheap to replace if destroyed. I'd never consider imodding a Shuffle, but the Nano.....

May 20, 2007 at 4:50 PM Post #275 of 456
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Vinnie,
Have you heard anything about the iTank iMod cases?

Second to that, as there was a heat to it when the thread started.
But seems to have die down or no updates from YoTank or here.

May 20, 2007 at 8:11 PM Post #276 of 456
Quote:

Originally Posted by Qsilver2001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Second to that, as there was a heat to it when the thread started.
But seems to have die down or no updates from YoTank or here.

I emailed Chris from yotank last week and they said that the 4G cases to fit the iMod are in production, but they didnt have any more details on a custom color or custom redwine engravings...here is Chris' exact response:

"We do not sell them at the moment but we are working with Vinnie from RedWine and cases are currently in production. We should have them for sale within the month. The cases will, like all of our others, be available polished or anodized black. They will all have YoTank anodized on the back. We are still waiting to hear back from the anodizers on the "redwine" color sold through RedWine. I'm still not sure at this time whether or not Vinnie will have any sort of custom engraving." -Chris Mann

Unfortunately, I couldn't wait...I went ahead and ordered a 4G showcase...maybe I will get one of these yoTank cases when they do come out though.

May 20, 2007 at 8:16 PM Post #277 of 456
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I searched this thread, and you are actually the first one to mention the Shuffle. So I have no idea where you got the idea that many of us want an iMod Shuffle...
wink.gif

Well I first need to remove my stinky foot from my mouth. Sorry I did mix the shuffle with the Nano. Sorry!

May 20, 2007 at 8:28 PM Post #278 of 456
Quote:

Well I first need to remove my stinky foot from my mouth. Sorry I did mix the shuffle with the Nano. Sorry!

No need to be sorry!
In that case, the ipod nano are available up to 4GB (1st. gen) and 8GB (2nd. gen). They hold about 10 and 20 albums in Apple Lossles.

I live happily with a 4GB one...

May 20, 2007 at 9:34 PM Post #279 of 456
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoungClayB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I emailed Chris from yotank last week and they said that the 4G cases to fit the iMod are in production, but they didnt have any more details on a custom color or custom redwine engravings...here is Chris' exact response:

"We do not sell them at the moment but we are working with Vinnie from RedWine and cases are currently in production. We should have them for sale within the month. The cases will, like all of our others, be available polished or anodized black. They will all have YoTank anodized on the back. We are still waiting to hear back from the anodizers on the "redwine" color sold through RedWine. I'm still not sure at this time whether or not Vinnie will have any sort of custom engraving." -Chris Mann

Unfortunately, I couldn't wait...I went ahead and ordered a 4G showcase...maybe I will get one of these yoTank cases when they do come out though.

Thanks YoungClayB for the infos!!
Hope that I can get my imod & Yotank or RWA version ship back in 1 package when I send my 4G for the mod.
wink.gif

May 21, 2007 at 1:06 AM Post #280 of 456
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenkelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Vinnie, Can't wait to get one but will wait for rockbox and 120GB first.

It was announced on the Rockbox developers' mailing list a few hours ago that Rockbox is running on the 80 GB iPod. They want to do some additional testing before making it publicly available, but I would expect it to be available within the next couple of days.

May 21, 2007 at 2:19 AM Post #281 of 456
Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was announced on the Rockbox developers' mailing list a few hours ago that Rockbox is running on the 80 GB iPod. They want to do some additional testing before making it publicly available, but I would expect it to be available within the next couple of days.

Febs ... that is fantastic news! I've been wating a long time for this, and will be first in line to give it a go.

May 21, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #282 of 456
Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Febs ... that is fantastic news! I've been wating a long time for this, and will be first in line to give it a go.

X2. It really is good news. Hopefuly the solution they found for the 80GB drive will apply to the larger 120gb drives as well.
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif

May 21, 2007 at 4:13 AM Post #283 of 456
Sorry if this has been asked before, but-

Will Vinnie be considering to also put the line-out at the dock for the 4g iPods? It would be great to be able to preserve the headphone out, so that the DAP may be used unamped when necessary (like the 5g iMod).

May 21, 2007 at 6:08 AM Post #285 of 456
Quote:

Originally Posted by melomaniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
however, I guess the deal would be a package with cable...

I am pretty sure that price does not include the cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back