New (IEM?) buds...
Jul 22, 2010 at 5:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

przer

New Head-Fier
I've been using the Sennheiser CX300-IIs, but I managed to screw up the wires, so I need a new one. I'm thinking $80~$150, but I'm flexible.

I listen mainly to rock/pop-rock, but would be nice with a pair that would work well with music that had more bass, like R'n'B/dance music.

I read around a little online (here, too), and the Panasonic RP-HJE900 caught my attention. However, they're hard to come by in Norway (And they're a little old?), and I would have to order them from abroad, which will cost me 25% more in terms of money, and quite a lot of time. Also, I'm not modding them or anything since I don't really have the know-how.

My question is, with my kind of music, would they still make me happy? And does anybody have a good suggestion other than this?

Finally, whatever buds I end up with, they cannot bleed a lot of sound. That was probably one of my favorite things about the CX300-IIs, they didn't bleed any, so I didn't bother anybody with my music.

Any help is greatly appreciated! (^_^)

Jul 23, 2010 at 5:25 AM Post #2 of 2

I've been using the Sennheiser CX300-IIs, but I managed to screw up the wires, so I need a new one. I'm thinking $80~$150, but I'm flexible.

I listen mainly to rock/pop-rock, but would be nice with a pair that would work well with music that had more bass, like R'n'B/dance music.

I read around a little online (here, too), and the Panasonic RP-HJE900 caught my attention. However, they're hard to come by in Norway (And they're a little old?), and I would have to order them from abroad, which will cost me 25% more in terms of money, and quite a lot of time. Also, I'm not modding them or anything since I don't really have the know-how.

My question is, with my kind of music, would they still make me happy? And does anybody have a good suggestion other than this?

Finally, whatever buds I end up with, they cannot bleed a lot of sound. That was probably one of my favorite things about the CX300-IIs, they didn't bleed any, so I didn't bother anybody with my music.

Any help is greatly appreciated! (^_^)

Haha, right with you mate! I've had my CX300II for about a year now, and they've served me very well. Loved the big bass of it, but now I'm wanting better. Same as you, I don't want to make too much of a step so far (can't afford too expensive atm) but some quality in-ears that blocks out as much or more sound than the CX300IIs are what I'm looking for. And as my name shows, I can't get enough of awesome bass :D Hopefully we can decide on a good pair of headphones :)

Right now I'm leaning towards the Senneheiser IE6, cause I love the Sennheiser sound. Any other suggestions would be awesome :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back