New iBasso Flagship DAP!
Oct 24, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #31 of 41
My wish is that they keep doing what they've been doing....but let's get the software UI working properly right out of the chutes. 

The DX100 and 90 were VERY painful to own in the early days.  Lots of bugs.  I've learned to accept the issues with my DX100 because it sounds so good.  It's sad that I have to stick with FW 1.27 because it's the most user friendly combination of sound and bugs I can live with.

Dec 28, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #34 of 41
I appreciate Astell&Kern for making the AK240 in terms of raising the bar for what a hi-end DAP can be. This in turn forces other companies to step up their DAP game which is excellent for all of us, but I just don't like the way A&K goes about things, from their questionable pricing schemes to the way they treat their customers etc.

The reason A&K (as of now) has been able to so successfully sell such overpriced (imo) DAPs is because there really hasn't been any serious competition for them. As far as I know, no other company has made a DAP with as excellent a combination of SQ, Industrial Design, Build Quality, UI, Storage Capacity etc. as the AK240.

I really hope this changes soon with the upcoming releases from Light Harmonic, iBasso, etc. (Maybe even Sony in the future with a ZX2?) so that we can all enjoy higher quality DAPs at a lower, more reasonable price.

I'm with you here. I am holding out for a no nonsense, affordable device that sounds great and is easy to use. No need for wifi, etc, In my opinion.

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #35 of 41
I wish they would come up with a slimmer and pocket-friendly design.The UI should be improved also.

I do not care about slimmer or lighter.  
biggrin.gif

I just want the BEST POSSIBLE SOUND + MASSIVE STORAGE + a "modern" graphical UI in a Big screen.

I see that the DX100 is now indicated as "discontinued" on the ibasso web site.... so may be the successor is coming ? 

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #36 of 41
Mar 25, 2015 at 2:05 AM Post #37 of 41
i wish ibasso would communicate some information to us. Even abit would be nice. As it is, they have way too much competition at this stage, and this new flagship has no updates.
triportsad.gif

Sep 15, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #39 of 41
  The DX100 and 90 were VERY painful to own in the early days.  Lots of bugs.  I've learned to accept the issues with my DX100 because it sounds so good.  It's sad that I have to stick with FW 1.27 because it's the most user friendly combination of sound and bugs I can live with.

Do you mean that for DX100 the FW 1.27 is better than the latest available FW 1.42?

Sep 15, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #40 of 41

Do you mean that for DX100 the FW 1.27 is better than the latest available FW 1.42?

I've had pretty good luck with the 1.42 firmware of late.  Slightly less soundstage but otherwise sounds good.  Some GUI bugs but no deal breakers.

Sep 16, 2015 at 2:32 AM Post #41 of 41

I've had pretty good luck with the 1.42 firmware of late.  Slightly less soundstage but otherwise sounds good.  Some GUI bugs but no deal breakers.

Great to know, thanks.

What about Android version: is it fixed to 2.3.4? Or is there the possibility to update to a newer version?
I'm also interested in apps: does DX100 allow installing any app from Google Market, or does it allow only a limited number of whitelisted apps (as reportedly the FiiO X7 will do)?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back