New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out
Jul 23, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #2,401 of 6,017
Quote:
You might start with the e17 and buy a more expensive amp/dac later. I have both. I like to use the e17 in the bedroom and for portable use. It would also give you more time to research/educate so that you'll be ready to make a good choice later.

gL!!

Meh, I'd rather take a risk buying a better one off the bat than spending $130 and finding out I want yet another amp.  At least with the Asgard I could send it back, I wish more places would do that.

I'm still kicking around the LD amps too, but hate the fact that I have to pay $45 to ship the friggin thing and then wait until August to get it.  That's not cool at all.

Question, I shipped that velour back last week and it got to the New York place on Thursday...  do they ship a replacement back from New York or does it come from where they did originally?

Jul 24, 2012 at 3:56 AM Post #2,402 of 6,017
hey off topic , but just got my second pair, frist set had a cracked cup from screws being to tight,just looking at the second set n looking at them side on the cable plugs dont line up, one goes forward and one back,, looking straight on the yoke screws are uneven , as if i have ..... say two left cups.... if this makes any sence.... is this normal??

Jul 24, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #2,404 of 6,017
Starting to consider the LD MKIII now...  I know nothing about rolling tubes but I like the idea of being able to get so many different sounds out of one device by swapping tubes out. 

Jul 24, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #2,408 of 6,017
Quote:
Definitely not.  It looks as though your cable terminations are not aligned either.  I wonder how one would go about adjusting the attachment of the headband and yoke.

Does hifiman do any sort of visual inspection? This is really disappointing to see. 
I can see how some can envy the sound coming out of these, but wth is up with the build quality...
confused.gif

Jul 24, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #2,409 of 6,017

see how the screws dont line up, and the cable connections one is forward and one pointing back...is this normal, cheers!!!!!!!!

Twist the cups a bit. That sort of misalignment is easy to do with a lot of headphones, especially with headbands as easily moldable as the HE400s. I've seen the same off my old HE-4. Nothing working the cups and headband a bit can't fix.

Jul 25, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #2,413 of 6,017
Told you. :D

I do this all the time, trying to get optimal placement on my head, the symmetry tend to get all misaligned.

...:eek:

Note to self do not buy circle-shaped cans!

If you're referring to my Pro 900s, it took me 1 second to put it back into perfect symmetry. I misaligned them on purpose to show how easy headphones can do that.

Jul 25, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #2,414 of 6,017
Quote:
Told you.
biggrin.gif

I do this all the time, trying to get optimal placement on my head, the symmetry tend to get all misaligned.
If you're referring to my Pro 900s, it took me 1 second to put it back into perfect symmetry. I misaligned them on purpose to show how easy headphones can do that.

We are but flesh and bones, never perfect.

Jul 25, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #2,415 of 6,017
Yeah, I must have an odd shaped head. The top padding on my Pro 900 never sits dead center on my head. :frowning2:

Also, the way the pads rest on the side of my head feel different on one side than the other, ever so slightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back