New Headphones
May 27, 2011 at 2:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ripudaman

New Head-Fier
Hi All,

I am planing to buy a new headphone, the budget is max up to 200$, I have looked into few Sennheiser HD, the new option which I think are good are :

HD 518

HD 558

These 2 are too costly I think(below)

HD 598

HD 598

Kindly suggest if there are other good head to look into or these are good to go.

Thanks
Ripu Daman

May 27, 2011 at 3:19 AM Post #3 of 7
For computer use? Sony MDR-F1's Incredible sound stage, Great for gaming awesome for movies, and equally good for music, that and they go for $100-$150, and are nearly completely made of magnesium so they are tough as nails.

May 27, 2011 at 8:17 AM Post #5 of 7
HD-25. Absolutely perfect.

I will also second the Denon D2000. Definitely an audiophile quality can, doesn't need that much juice, and the bass is great compared to others in it's price range. 

May 27, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
For computer use? Sony MDR-F1's Incredible sound stage, Great for gaming awesome for movies, and equally good for music, that and they go for $100-$150, and are nearly completely made of magnesium so they are tough as nails.

I agree with this.  or the D2000.   I have used Sony's and HD-650.  I think that the Sony was little better for gaming since Sennheiser really need a DAC/AMP to make it good. 

Check out this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/534479/mad-lust-envy-aka-shin-cz-s-guide-to-headphone-gaming-particularly-with-dolby-headphone/1260#post_7500091

May 27, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #7 of 7
Hmmm. The one thing I'd say the HD-25 1 II's have over the  AH-D2000's is portability. The Denon's sound amazing and look pretty snazzy but they're big and a bit bulky (as most higher-end cans are). They're not meant to be taken around with you. They're meant to sit at your desk or with your hi-fi gear but not for traveling around. Those Sennheisers, however are much more portable in nature.

I've only ever owned the Denons but I've heard the Sennheisers and I'd have to say I personally like the sound of the Denons more.

Because of that, I'd say it's all a matter of where you'er using Them. If these really are for when you're at home and you don't plan on taking them with you the Denon AH-D2000's are fantastic for the price, full retail or not. If you need something a bit more portable then definitely go with the Sennheiser HD-25's.

Whichever you choose, they'll both be a fantastic step up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back