New Headphones from Denon: AH-A100
Sep 18, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #91 of 108
Interested... but I would have liked to see something a little more grand for the 100th anniversary.

The fact I could easily afford these its a pretty good sign they don't carry the price tag a prestige/statement product normally does or that psychological wow factor -due to the price and elegance.

All things equal, as long as the sound is superb it doesn't matter I guess... hell if they sound better than the D7000 at this price, I would be pissed but would be getting a pair.

Sep 18, 2010 at 9:45 PM Post #92 of 108

Quote:
Interested... but I would have liked to see something a little more grand for the 100th anniversary.

The fact I could easily afford these its a pretty good sign they don't carry the price tag a prestige/statement product normally does or that psychological wow factor -due to the price and elegance.

All things equal, as long as the sound is superb it doesn't matter I guess... hell if they sound better than the D7000 at this price, I would be pissed but would be getting a pair.

If they sound better than the D7000 at approx 50% of the cost, that would be terrible marketing from Denon because they would be unable to sell their D5000 & D7000 headphones...unlikely to be the case IMO.

Sep 22, 2010 at 12:44 AM Post #93 of 108

Quote:

If they sound better than the D7000 at approx 50% of the cost, that would be terrible marketing from Denon because they would be unable to sell their D5000 & D7000 headphones...unlikely to be the case IMO.

Very good point.

Although, it is not like these big hi-fi companies don't ocaisionally shoot themselves a few times in the feet.

Sep 22, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #94 of 108
if this new headphones is  around D5000 's quality and is portable as the D1100
it will be something realllllly interest me.

I always love to bring my D7000 out with my portable,
but it is just too big and I scared me several times, and i nearly dropped it.( crossing my finger.... NEVER NEVER)

Sep 22, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #95 of 108

Quote:
if this new headphones is  around D5000 's quality and is portable as the D1100
it will be something realllllly interest me.

I always love to bring my D7000 out with my portable,
but it is just too big and I scared me several times, and i nearly dropped it.( crossing my finger.... NEVER NEVER)

That kinda money in a portable headphone makes no sense man... Won't compete with real home headphones, and won't be as convenient as an IEM and will probably sound just as good or worse depending on the IEM.

Get some IEMs....

Sep 22, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #96 of 108

Quote:
That kinda money in a portable headphone makes no sense man... Won't compete with real home headphones, and won't be as convenient as an IEM and will probably sound just as good or worse depending on the IEM.

Get some IEMs....

if that is the case then, how about edition 8 ,  it is way more expensive  and really high quality.

I always worry about the IEM,
I may kill my hearing lol
just kidding

Sep 29, 2010 at 10:34 AM Post #97 of 108
Well after the initial release the T1s didn't get cheaper...rather the opposite!

Sep 29, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #98 of 108

Quote:
Well after the initial release the T1s didn't get cheaper...rather the opposite!

Almost insulting the prices Beyer and Senn are charging... Well they are beyond insulting actually, just relatively speaking they don't look too too bad.

Sep 29, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #99 of 108
Quote:
Almost insulting the prices Beyer and Senn are charging... Well they are beyond insulting actually, just relatively speaking they don't look too too bad.

Yep.  They're having one hell of a party now that price fixing is legal again...

Sep 29, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #100 of 108
Damn we have the Senn 558, Beyer's more versitile lineup, and Sony is making some waves with their new cans (making some of their better older ones in my price range)... I have never owned an ultrasone... Fostex' affordable ortho.

Sigh. I was banking on the 558 just because of how nice it was, and how simple it was to get a nice all black, basically, more fun HD600 with a few mods. My 555s are really showing age with the pads and headband.

I was in the market for a 'phone like like that. The go-to headphone when you don't feel like messing with the issues of others. I know the d1001 well, and the D2000 I almost bought, but did not like the cup design, or the lack of spaciousness. I am a minimalist, but shape is also interesting, like the all black 558s, which can be easily given a boost in quality.

I guess I will keep my fingers crossed. I thought a larger d1001 type headphone was warranted. You have the Shure 440s and the 840. Simple design, just more robust, and in this case, it looks rather nice. I have a GOOD amp that likes lower impedance phones. or higher
smily_headphones1.gif
I do not mind if it is designed for portable or not, if it is remotely portable it will sound good on my little tubed amp at work. Bonus!

The d1001 had the advantage of the cup shape designed to make the little guy sound like sounds were amile away. The D2000 and above, it missed that. If this brings the quality of the better Denons along with that airy sound that spreads instruments in to the next room, then I guess I just have to adjust the budget, hehee.

I just got my budget in order. Lovely, now I have to budget in another pair of headphones. As much as I like my modded Aurvanas, the better Denons do have their advantages, and this could be a compromise, or something better.

Oct 3, 2010 at 4:49 AM Post #102 of 108
woah.. 100 years old o.o

Oct 8, 2010 at 9:03 AM Post #103 of 108
Hi guys.

I got some news acording to a page.
Denon AH-A100 combines elements from Denon AH-D2000 and Denon AH-D5000.
With upgrade driversystem,new design as you all know.
It says it should bring you really close to the big brother that would be Denon AH-D7000.

I got this news from norwegian Hifi-klubb from norway: http://www.hifiklubben.no/produkter/tilbehor/hodetelefoner/denon_ah-a100_hodetelefon.htm

Grrr i really want to get one^^

Best Regard Azndmp 

Oct 17, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #105 of 108

Users who are viewing this thread

Back