New headphones for classical, rock, and more
Dec 8, 2012 at 10:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Clashead

New Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fi

Im looking for a new pair of headphones for mostly classical music, but also rock, pop and more.

Right now i got "Ultrasone HFI-780" and i am very pleased with the sound, but i want some that is more comfortabel that doesnt leak sound and got better audio quality.

So i would like some recommendationabout what to buy, my budget is 1000$ and down.

-Doesnt leak sound
-More comfortabel than "Ultrasone HFI-780"
-Great audio quality with classical music, rock and more
-Fit for a computer and smartphone

i hope someone can help me ^^

Dec 9, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #3 of 5
For around that price you could consider getting an amp and DAC plus a new headphone. 

I've heard quite a few higher end closed cans, and the Sennheiser Momentum and Sony MDR-R1 are so much better value for money than a lot of them.
Combine that with a Schiit Bifrost and Asgard and you're in the $1000 zone and they should be perfect for home and 'portable' with phone. 

Dec 27, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
Hello Head-Fi

Im looking for a new pair of headphones for mostly classical music, but also rock, pop and more.

Right now i got "Ultrasone HFI-780" and i am very pleased with the sound, but i want some that is more comfortabel that doesnt leak sound and got better audio quality.

So i would like some recommendationabout what to buy, my budget is 1000$ and down.

-Doesnt leak sound

Hey if you narrow your search, please update the thread, I have similar tastes but mine is half your budget :)

Dec 27, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
Hello Head-Fi

-Doesnt leak sound

Heya,

Maybe look into:

Ultrasone Signature Pro
Beyer T5P
Mr Speakers Mad Dogs with Stax Pads

Or if you just want to keep the budget lighter, just switch up to an Ultrasone PRO 750 (very similar to the HFI 780, but more comfortable, velour pads, better overall sound quality, better sound stage, for a good price). Also maybe look into something like a Beyer Custom One Pro or a DT770 Pro.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back