New headphones, around $240
Mar 13, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #16 of 53
The problem is i can't find the Audio-Technica AD900.

What's the difference between K271 MKII and K272? The K272 is cheaper and doesn't have the removable cord, extra cord and changeable pads. But what else? Any sonic or build differences?

Mar 13, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #17 of 53
if u like the steel series...why not get them again? there is a promotion going on right now. 30% off if you use code: SWAGAWAY30

Mar 13, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #18 of 53

Quote:
if u like the steel series...why not get them again? there is a promotion going on right now. 30% off if you use code: SWAGAWAY30

Yes i do like them. But i want something better. I mean, like a year ago the steelseries sounded about as good as my speakers did. Then i built my own better speakers so i get disappointed everytime i listen to my headphones. That's why i want to change to something better.

The Steelseries Sibera V1 is still a nice headset though.

Mar 13, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #19 of 53

Quote:
The problem is i can't find the Audio-Technica AD900.

What's the difference between K271 MKII and K272? The K272 is cheaper and doesn't have the removable cord, extra cord and changeable pads. But what else? Any sonic or build differences?

No sonic or build differences. 271 comes with pleather pads and velour pads and removable cord. 272 comes with only the velour pads and the cord is not removable. The colours are different too.

Mar 13, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #20 of 53

Quote:

No sonic or build differences. 271 comes with pleather pads and velour pads and removable cord. 272 comes with only the velour pads and the cord is not removable. The colours are different too.

Ok, so it's about if i want the extra stuff or not... Something i have got to think about.

I wont be able to test any headphones in quite a while. I live in the forests of northern Sweden so no hi-fi stores available around here. But if i go to the big city i'll visit the hi-fi store there and test their headphones (which is Denon only :S)

Mar 13, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #21 of 53
I ordered my AKG:s from Thomann.de. They have a 30 days return policy you can use if you don´t like your new cans. Took four days to Sweden. They have the AKG 240 MKII for 1100sek. And the 272:s for just a few hundringar more.

Mar 22, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #22 of 53
I've been thinking about closed ones more and more the latest week. It would be nice since my room is next to the kitchen (noisy kitchen) and i could use them in the car.

About Thomann. With the 30day return policy, i pay all the shipping? Right?

I still haven't decided whether it's worth an extra €29 for the K271 MKII instead of the K272.

The 30 day return policy might come in handy if i feel they get too warm or simply wont fit my head. But paying shipping two times wouldn't be very fun though. And i can't try them out anywhere either :S

Mar 22, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #23 of 53
Well, to make the decision easier for ya, there is no difference between the MKII and HD versions of the K271/2.  Only the color scheme changes, and in the case of the HD version, you lose the user replacable cord, an extra set of pads, and extra cord that come with the MKII version.

Mar 22, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #24 of 53
Yes. I know that.
But i'm not sure if i consider myself needing that extra stuff or not. It would certainly be nice having, but i'm not sure if it's worth the cost :)

And i'll wait another week or two before purchasing anything.

Mar 22, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #25 of 53
Ah, right that was already clarified earlier in the thread.  Sorry about that!  Sometimes, one(myself) does not keep up with thread well enough. :p

Mar 22, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #26 of 53
Little above your price range but http://www.amazon.com/AKG-K-701-WHITE-HEADPHONES/dp/B000EBBJ6Y

Mar 23, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #28 of 53
The K701 is a little too expensive. Still need money to buy some audio electronics (two amplifier, DAC, pre-amp and a pair of CSS SDX7 woofers for an example). And with the budget of a 16-year old kid i can't have all i want :)

Apr 3, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #29 of 53
Just ordered the AKG K271 MKII from Thomann.de

Ordering the Asus Xonar DX soundcard in a couple of days and i'll take a serious look at building an amplifier. But i guess i should be able to use the soundcard with good quality untill i get the amp done.

Apr 3, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #30 of 53

Quote:
Just ordered the AKG K271 MKII from Thomann.de

Ordering the Asus Xonar DX soundcard in a couple of days and i'll take a serious look at building an amplifier. But i guess i should be able to use the soundcard with good quality untill i get the amp done.

Congratulations! And I have just recently bought AKG K272HD (handshake).
After 3 days of use I can state that:
- They are extremely comfortable to wear. I do not notice them on my head _for long long hours_.
- They sound detailed. (Compared to Grados SR125).
- They do not fatigue your ears.
- They may seem to be a bit too flat and even boring first... also this hiss in high frequencies, argh...
- ...however after some EQing things get much much better. My current opinion that they _must be EQd_. As well as ALL OTHER closed (and some opened, maybe) headphones.
Here is a great article about this process, and there you will find my setting (posts dated today), I strongly suggest you to try and modify them for your ears.
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/413900/how-to-equalize-your-headphones-a-tutorial/510#post_7381502

Good luck! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back