new guy
Oct 24, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #2 of 11
Trying to get imformation about further purchases. Currently own. 400i. 400 bose bluetooth lg bluetooth buds
fiio x5 12 and shiit amp
What are you looking to upgrade? And which Schiit amp are you using?

Oct 24, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #4 of 11
Both the HD700 and HD800 are more detailed but I prefer the 800. The 700 sounds tinny and hollow to me and I can't enjoy it whatsoever. It's definitely something that you need to try first and think "wow this is exactly what I want" before you buy it. The 800S is more relaxed and easier to listen to than the original 800 but they're also much more expensive

Oct 24, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #5 of 11
Both the HD700 and HD800 are more detailed but I prefer the 800. The 700 sounds tinny and hollow to me and I can't enjoy it whatsoever. It's definitely something that you need to try first and think "wow this is exactly what I want" before you buy it. The 800S is more relaxed and easier to listen to than the original 800 but they're also much more expensive
Thx. Might be hard finding a place to test them. I suppose I could buy at Best Buy and return them if unwanted,

Oct 24, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #6 of 11
Thx. Might be hard finding a place to test them. I suppose I could buy at Best Buy and return them if unwanted,
They sell those at Best Buy? I've never heard of that! They only sell crap headphones at my local ones, Beats and Bose mainly

Oct 24, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #7 of 11
The HD-700 is a very good headphone but not with most Schiit amps. I hated them with a Valhalla 2 (stock tubes only didn’t have it long enough to try more) and @cossix does not like it from his Jot. From a Bottlehead Crack it is a different story as well as the Cavalli Liquid Carbon and Amps and Sound Kenzie not tinny or hollow at all .

Oct 24, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #9 of 11
The HD-700 is a very good headphone but not with most Schiit amps. I hated them with a Valhalla 2 (stock tubes only didn’t
Yes but

yes full line of sennnhieser with matching prices
Damn that's nice. I've only ever seen the 598 and other entry models. Definitely try those out if possible. Keep in mind they sound considerably better out of a quality amplifier and DAC, and best buy probably won't have any gear that does those headphones justice

Oct 24, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #10 of 11
Damn that's nice. I've only ever seen the 598 and other entry models. Definitely try those out if possible. Keep in mind they sound considerably better out of a quality amplifier and DAC, and best buy probably won't have any gear that does those headphones justice
Yes no amps at Best Buy. I've done the return thing before on $2000 loud speakers. The salesmen push. If you don't like. Bring back.

Oct 24, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #11 of 11
Yes no amps at Best Buy. I've done the return thing before on $2000 loud speakers. The salesmen push. If you don't like. Bring back.
Good plan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back