New Grado GH1 headphone available for pre order at TTVJAudio!!!
Jul 25, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #48 of 54
Quote:
In looking through my stash of stuff, I found a pair of the G ear cushions. 100% comfort improvement. Still deciding on sonics.

Just waiting for my GH1s to arrive - be very interested to hear whether different cushions improve/degrade the sound (spent far too much time reading the posts on the Grado mod thread today!)

Jul 25, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #49 of 54

The only Grado I have to compare it to is the SR80e, and in many ways I find them to be more similar than different.  The GH-1 seems to have a smoother top end, and the 80e seems a little brighter overall.  When I listened to the 325e recently, I thought it a bit brighter than the 80e, but also a little smoother, while the 80e seemed to have a slightly fuller sound.  The GH-1 seems to have a little less treble than the 80e, but its presentation is a bit more refined, if that makes sense.  The bass is really nice on the GH-1 though, and is a but more present than the 80e.  

How would you compare the bass between the 325e and the GH1? I remember the sr325e has more bass than the 80e. Did you compare the  GH1 with the 80e with flats?

Yes--the 325e (and "is" before it) has more and more extended bass than any of its downline siblings.  The difference was more pronounced with the "is" and "i" versions.  The 325e and "is" also have somewhat larger sound stages.

The RS/GH line has more and more extended bass than all the SR cans.  However the SR cans have more slam, largely due to their smaller sound stages--sitting on stage with the band.

Jul 26, 2015 at 12:37 AM Post #50 of 54
In looking through my stash of stuff, I found a pair of the G ear cushions. 100% comfort improvement. Still deciding on sonics.

I have decided it depends. Using my Calyx M, which is more laid back, I felt there was a loss of some of the micro detail while the bass seemed slower.

However, with the Geek Out 450, which is very detailed and high energy, everything just seemed better. I took the Geek Out 450 and GH1 over to a friend's house tonight and he clearly preferred the G over the L cushions with the GH1.

Jul 26, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #51 of 54
I have decided it depends. Using my Calyx M, which is more laid back, I felt there was a loss of some of the micro detail while the bass seemed slower.

However, with the Geek Out 450, which is very detailed and high energy, everything just seemed better. I took the Geek Out 450 and GH1 over to a friend's house tonight and he clearly preferred the G over the L cushions with the GH1.

I'll be using them out of the Cayin N6 which sounds like it might be similarly detailed and energetic - those G cushs are so damn expensive here in the UK...

Jul 27, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #52 of 54
These GH1 have peaked my interest. After the RS1e fail, these sound like a great alternative. 

Aug 25, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #53 of 54
Hi All,

We still have some of the GH-1 headphones in stock with free shipping. We can only ship in the USA! Order yours now at TTVJAudio before this great limited edition headphone is gone.

Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back