New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris!
Oct 7, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #274 of 1,838
I just got this, and actually have no idea about all the settings, lol. I don't know what's best for my Paradox Slants, nor the pairing with my Stoner Acoustics UD120 Dac :O

Oct 7, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #275 of 1,838
  I just got this, and actually have no idea about all the settings, lol. I don't know what's best for my Paradox Slants, nor the pairing with my Stoner Acoustics UD120 Dac :O

One of the beautifies of the Polaris is that you can change all the settings — except the gain — on the fly. So you can A/B test the different settings instantly. It makes finding your preferences much easier than if you had to turn-off the amp with every setting change. 

Oct 7, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #276 of 1,838

One of the beautifies of the Polaris is that you can change all the settings — except the gain — on the fly. So you can A/B test the different settings instantly. It makes finding your preferences much easier than if you had to turn-off the amp with every setting change. 

Sweet, but what are the settings in the back right near the input? I don't even know what the two of those are.

Oct 7, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #277 of 1,838
Sweet, but what are the settings in the back right near the input? I don't even know what the two of those are.

If you write to Jeremy he will send you the manual in PDF format.
I don't have mine in front of me now... but I do recall it is a valuable document to have around.

Oct 7, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #278 of 1,838
If you write to Jeremy he will send you the manual in PDF format.
I don't have mine in front of me now... but I do recall it is a valuable document to have around.

I went over the manual. I must have missed it. I wish I could just find out why my DAC is distorting the sound.. :frowning2:

Oct 7, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #279 of 1,838

Are you sure it's the DAC? (Can you reproduce the problem by hooking the Polaris up to another source (CD player, iPod, Sansa, etc)?)

Oct 7, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #280 of 1,838

Are you sure it's the DAC? (Can you reproduce the problem by hooking the Polaris up to another source (CD player, iPod, Sansa, etc)?)

Nah, it's the DAC. Installed the driver/application on windows and runs just fine. Put it on Linux however, and it's a no go. I mean, you're not suppose to hook directly into the DAC anyway, but I put it with my amp and still distortion. Dunno how to get rid of it.

Oct 7, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #281 of 1,838
Getting my Polaris tomorrow, can't wait 
basshead.gif

Oct 7, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #282 of 1,838
C?

I went over the manual. I must have missed it. I wish I could just find out why my DAC is distorting the sound.. :frowning2:

Page 5 Polaris Assembly guide.
"Adjustable input attenuation jumpers"

Page 11
"
INPUT ATTENUATION CAN BE CHANGED VIA THE JUMPER TABS AT
THE BACK, RIGHT HAND CORNER OF THE AMPLIFIER. DEFAULT
SETTING IS WITH ATTENUATION MODULE.
CUSTOM ATTENUATION MODULES CAN BE EASILY CREATED LOWER
LEVELS OVERALL. THIS CAN BE VERY USEFUL FOR SUPER
SENSITIVE HEADPHONES SUCH AS IEM’S."

Oct 8, 2014 at 4:36 AM Post #283 of 1,838
Anyone who has a Grado (RS1i) they use with Polaris? Mind sharing your settings? Right now I'm getting a bit of weird bass and I have to put the volume know almost to the max for loud listening. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back