New Flagship from Audio-Technica: ATH-W3000ANV, 50th Anniversary Headphones
Oct 21, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #31 of 3,599
Hey, don't get me wrong: I love the cherry red; in fact I'd like the W3000 if they'd skipped the obnoxious red "Japan" tag, and the decor on the other cup. And no wooden jack with bling chromes, that give it a gimmicky look.
No, cherry red I dig; would go very well with my Onkyo D-152E speakers :p ! Not too mention quite some of the furniture has that colour paint too.

Oct 21, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #32 of 3,599
Hah, I really don't mind the Japan text, nice font and it's not a shame to show that they're from Japan, right? About the decor, will it be in the production model, I don't know. Most likely not since it's not visible in any but one picture, as I've seen.

Oct 21, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #33 of 3,599
I have confirmed info here. The one with decor shown in the pic is just a "super limited", one and only W3000 unit to showcase the beauty of Japanese traditional paint. Not really a retail unit.

Oct 22, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #34 of 3,599
How nice the "Japan" tag may be -which it indeed rather is, it still is redundant to me, but that goes with me not being the show-off type. I don't care about what others think about my stuff; if they like it, so much the better; if they don't, too bad for them. And I'd prefer no ostentatious markings at all on any of my gear ideally; so that quality & design speak for themselves.
Now, that that décor is only on an exclusive showcase model is encouraging. Am wondering, will they release a W5000ANV too?

Oct 22, 2011 at 2:16 AM Post #35 of 3,599

Quote:
How nice the "Japan" tag may be -which it indeed rather is, it still is redundant to me, but that goes with me not being the show-off type. I don't care about what others think about my stuff; if they like it, so much the better; if they don't, too bad for them. And I'd prefer no ostentatious markings at all on any of my gear ideally; so that quality & design speak for themselves.
Now, that that décor is only on an exclusive showcase model is encouraging. Am wondering, will they release a W5000ANV too?

I'm surprised the "Japan" tag bothers you. I suppose you could try to scratch it off, but that might look misleading.
wink.gif

Oct 22, 2011 at 3:23 AM Post #36 of 3,599
It's done, placed a pre-order. There goes my savings! xD At least I have something to wait for now. Third in line, in orders made through Price Japan.

To continue about the Japan tag, when I first saw a picture of a JPN model, been wanting one since that. W3000ANV isn't exactly one by the model name, but it has the tag and gorgeous japanese cherry wood, I'm cool with that. = )

Oct 22, 2011 at 3:27 AM Post #37 of 3,599

Quote:
It's done, placed a pre-order. There goes my savings! xD At least I have something to wait for now. Third in line, in orders made through Price Japan.

#3? Woot! Thanks for taking it for the team! Please post impressions/review after! The future of my wallet depends on you haha

Oct 22, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #38 of 3,599
I'll sure do that. = ) Will mostly be a comparison to the ATH-W1000X since they're the phones I've been using the most. But damn, a month to wait now!

Oct 22, 2011 at 3:51 AM Post #39 of 3,599

Quote:
Audio-Technica mentioned that W3000 will be available worldwide (with a limit run though), so I'm pretty sure Europe will be covered.

Oh, I saw that post too. I wasn't worried so much about availability to purchase, more about the ability to try before buying. Being a limited run I don't fancy finding them anywhere locally.
It is an unfortunate fact that I don't have the spare cash to take a gamble on them.

Quote:
I'll sure do that. = ) Will mostly be a comparison to the ATH-W1000X since they're the phones I've been using the most. But damn, a month to wait now!

Very much looking forward to this as I am also a W1000X owner. Hopefully the W3000s end up in your hands sooner rather than later!

Oct 22, 2011 at 4:34 AM Post #40 of 3,599
Quote:

To continue about the Japan tag, when I first saw a picture of a JPN model, been wanting one since that. W3000ANV isn't exactly one by the model name, but it has the tag and gorgeous japanese cherry wood, I'm cool with that. = )

Kaneda must have been that kind to personally update you through email as well. I have put mine on pre-order and I guess you are the 1st in waiting line while I'm the 2nd at PriceJapan. And just like you I also have a W1000X "Grandioso". Customs in Finland is probably much faster than in the Netherlands.. It always takes so long for me since my items are just sitting there waiting to be processed and approved.

wink.gif

Oct 22, 2011 at 5:55 AM Post #41 of 3,599
Well, my experience of finnish customs is pretty limited, never visited it myself. =D I always use DHL or UPS, they arrange the taxes and I pay them. When I ordered the ATH-W1000X, it was really fast though. Most time took the bank transfer to DHL.

Oct 22, 2011 at 6:03 AM Post #42 of 3,599
Quote:
I have confirmed info here. The one with decor shown in the pic is just a "super limited", one and only W3000 unit to showcase the beauty of Japanese traditional paint. Not really a retail unit.

That's very disapointing. It could've been somthing unique for the W3000ANV only, To trly set it apart as a 50th anniversary model versus all prior limited headphones.

Quote:

I also prefer the understated elegance of the Raffinatos to the glossy lacquer but the JPN tag is very proper IMO as it signifies that it's a a limited edition model as opposed to the mass production offerings.

Oct 22, 2011 at 6:23 AM Post #43 of 3,599
Heh, to my eyes Audio-Technica always manages to shine with the designs without overdoing. Even though the Raffinato is fabulous looking too. And glossy lacquer sure isn't a sure hit, I've seen more of bad than good lacquer. None bad on Audio-Technica's though. ;D It impresses me even more as it's insanely hard to do lacquer that good.

Oct 22, 2011 at 7:16 AM Post #44 of 3,599

Quote:
Quote:

I also prefer the understated elegance of the Raffinatos to the glossy lacquer but the JPN tag is very proper IMO as it signifies that it's a a limited edition model as opposed to the mass production offerings.

So how about a discrete "Limited Edition" or "LTD" tag? All high-end AT's are made in Japan, that's obvious, so why need to shout that out with a "Japan" tag?

Oct 22, 2011 at 7:29 AM Post #45 of 3,599

Quote:
 All high-end AT's are made in Japan, that's obvious

I think you're assuming a bit too much there. Are you sure all the wooden ATHs are made in Japan? My W11R say "Limited Edition" but it doesn't have the Echizen laquer reserved for only the "Japan" tagged models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back