New Flagship from Audio-Technica: ATH-W3000ANV, 50th Anniversary Headphones
Jul 16, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #3,106 of 3,599
Ik denk dat je in België woont? 
wink.gif

You might as well hand me over the ZD being able to afford a HP4 
biggrin.gif

Jul 17, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #3,109 of 3,599
Yes there is a 220V version of the HA5000 for Hong Kong and China regions. But the price is nearly double the original, and some experienced listeners said that it doesn't sound as good.

Jul 17, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #3,110 of 3,599
Quote:
Got any pics of this balanced Zana Deux? Or have you gone for the old school balanced approach (as in 2 of them)?

Nope, it has balanced inputs with separate balanced input transfos you can see on top of the amp.
Will post some this week in the for sale forum.
I have a few weeks off for the holidays and am taking the time to put heaps of stuff up for sale on the web, a lot not audio related going to Fleabay though.
My home office looks like a warhouse at the moment, have been gathering so much stuff in the past few years ... I'm quite a collector. 
So whenever I'm not enoying a bike ride or a nice restaurtant I'll be doing this for my holiday this year.
Either the stuff moves out or I do the wife said. 
biggrin.gif

I'll probably be rich when I'm done. Not for long though, the missus is high maintenance. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 17, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #3,111 of 3,599
Quote:
Yes there is a 220V version of the HA5000 for Hong Kong and China regions. But the price is nearly double the original, and some experienced listeners said that it doesn't sound as good.

Really? Never heard of that one and I searched a lot when I bought my ANV one.
Has it been out long or just recently?

Jul 17, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #3,112 of 3,599
Quote:
Really? Never heard of that one and I searched a lot when I bought my ANV one.
Has it been out long or just recently?

It's been out for a few years AFAIK.

Quote:
Nope, it has balanced inputs with separate balanced input transfos you can see on top of the amp.
Will post some this week in the for sale forum.
I have a few weeks off for the holidays and am taking the time to put heaps of stuff up for sale on the web, a lot not audio related going to Fleabay though.
My home office looks like a warhouse at the moment, have been gathering so much stuff in the past few years ... I'm quite a collector. 
So whenever I'm not enoying a bike ride or a nice restaurtant I'll be doing this for my holiday this year.
Either the stuff moves out or I do the wife said. 
biggrin.gif

I'll probably be rich when I'm done. Not for long though, the missus is high maintenance. 
biggrin.gif

Hehe, there is little point in having a million things you don't use. I think a clear out is a great idea. You'll have lots of money too which hopefully you'll get to keep some to spend on other things.

Jul 17, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #3,113 of 3,599
Quote:

It's been out for a few years AFAIK.

Hehe, there is little point in having a million things you don't use. I think a clear out is a great idea. You'll have lots of money too which hopefully you'll get to keep some to spend on other things.

A "little" off-topic but here we go anyway.

Don't worry, I already got my share.
I bought a Triumph Thunderbird, blue with 'go faster white stripe" two weeks ago.
It's in for performance and sound tuning atm. 
biggrin.gif

Here's a pic at the dealer, no pretty pic yet since it's hanging in the air with it's guts out atm.

Here's a pretty pic from the web, more or less what it will look like when I'm done with it.

Jul 17, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #3,114 of 3,599
Looking forward to your impression on the HP4. Hope you can try it with the LCD3 too.

Jul 19, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #3,118 of 3,599
I got 1000x and 3000anv, getting 5000 soon.

Also im getting Schiit Bifrost combo with Lyr or maybe Woo W6. I don't know...the Bifrost is the right DAC for me since I want a good neutral DAC, but picking the right $400-$800 AMP with good neutral sounding is hard  (=.='). I am looking for an AMP that will bring out the true colours of every single headphones I am going to own (check out my profile of all the brands im going to buy)

Jul 19, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #3,119 of 3,599
Forget about the Lyr. It is clearly built towards inefficient and high impedance headphones. ATH headphones are the complete opposite. The high gain of the Lyr probably is going to make hard to adjust volume on ATH headphones. You might pickup some noise too. You don't need monsterous amplification, you need quality amplification. Of the two amps I would lean more towards WA6.

Jul 19, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #3,120 of 3,599
The Asgard would be a good pick. I know the Lyr is tube and its price makes one think that it is better than the Asgard. But when it comes to pairing with the W3000s, the Asgard is still a better match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back