New FiiO M11S Player with dual ES9038Q2M DACs, 670mW output power and 14 hours of battery life
Oct 25, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #151 of 655
My guess is the SD card itself is corrupted somehow. I've quick reformatted it both in NTFS and Fat32 and when I put the card in the M11s it said it was corrupted and made me reformat it in the device. After doing that it shows that I have 2TB free, which it's a 1TB card so that can't be right. Super annoying

I always format my SD cards as EXFAT and they work in everything. Strongly recommend.

Oct 25, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #152 of 655
My guess is the SD card itself is corrupted somehow. I've quick reformatted it both in NTFS and Fat32 and when I put the card in the M11s it said it was corrupted and made me reformat it in the device. After doing that it shows that I have 2TB free, which it's a 1TB card so that can't be right. Super annoying
Out of curiosity, what brand is the sd card? I have a SanDisk 1tb Extreme and have had zero issues with it since I bought it 15 months ago. Have you tried a full re-format rather than a quick format? As a last resort you could try a multi-write erase and then re-format.

Oct 25, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #153 of 655
Anyone here use a 1 TB Micro SD card with their M11s? I picked up a SanDisk Ultra today, copied my library off my existing 512 gb on my Mac and when I put it in the Fiio it said that it couldn't recognize the card and asked me to format it. I could scan the library and even play music but the card wouldn't show up in storage on the device nor when plugged up to USB-C. Also, when I put just the card back in my Mac it wouldn't recognize it and I had to re-format at. Tried this loop several times both reformatting the card on my Mac and Windows laptops but nothing worked. Kind of at a loss and if I can't get a 1TB card to work that could be a deal breaker.
I know you've realized that there are issues with your card, but I want to also confirm that I've been using a 1TB SanDisk Ultra card with the M11S and it works fine.

Oct 25, 2022 at 5:20 PM Post #156 of 655
Last update on this: The saga ends. Got a brand new 1TB SanDisk Ultra SD card. Unboxed it, plugged it in to my Windows machine which instantly recognized it. Copied some music to it, ejected, and then inserted it into my FIIO M11S. FIIO M11S says it's corrupted, won't recognize it, and even when I formatted it in the unit itself it still won't show up in the system memory. Unfortunately this device is going back and I'll be purchasing a different solution..

Oct 25, 2022 at 9:26 PM Post #158 of 655
Last update on this: The saga ends. Got a brand new 1TB SanDisk Ultra SD card. Unboxed it, plugged it in to my Windows machine which instantly recognized it. Copied some music to it, ejected, and then inserted it into my FIIO M11S. FIIO M11S says it's corrupted, won't recognize it, and even when I formatted it in the unit itself it still won't show up in the system memory. Unfortunately this device is going back and I'll be purchasing a different solution..
I would have formatted it in the player first and then tried to copy over music. I believe there are a few static files that the android device needs to see I order to be accessed/used. I can say from experience that a Windows machine can read the card formatted in the Fiio.

Oct 25, 2022 at 11:41 PM Post #160 of 655
Yeah I formatted it in the device as well, and it's still not working correctly. My 512gb card has no problems at all, but the 1TB has been consistently a problem.
I think just returning everything is a simple fix. If you could not return things, I remember having a utility (freeware) that did a deep reformatting of SD cards. It also could format big cards in FAT32. That is what I would have suggested.

My wife's car could only work with FAT32 so I formatted a 256 usb a stick to FAT32 with that utility. My newer car seems to read most formats so I just used a Sandisk 1TB portable drive in the car out of the box.

I do have a Sandisk 1TB card and it works just fine in my aging Cayin N5II. It appears that you have tried two cards in your unit which leads to a conclusion that for some reason your unit does not like cards above 512GB.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2022 at 3:04 PM Post #161 of 655
Male sure It Is not format in some strange MAC format, because It Is not supported. I have a Mac once and It format carda and disk in some Mac only format. My card Is formatted in NTFS and the fiio ready It without problema.
macs do their job pretty well if user knows what to do :) you just need to format in an exFAT or just FAT format, that's all.

Oct 26, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #163 of 655
Yeah I formatted it in the device as well, and it's still not working correctly. My 512gb card has no problems at all, but the 1TB has been consistently a problem.
Interesting... I bought the SanDisk Extreme card (when it was $70 cheaper than now) and never had an issue with my M11Plus or M11Plus LTD. Sounds like a bad unit. Are you replacing with another Fiio M11S or something completely different?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2022 at 3:35 AM Post #165 of 655
Dear friend,

Sorry for the incovenience. We will also report to the engineer to check about that. Thanks for the kind feedback.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back