New DAP stuck in Factory Reset Protection, cannot use the device
Mar 29, 2018 at 5:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Camper1995

Head-Fier
Hi guys, so recently I bought (on eBay) the Pioneer XDP-100R for fun, to try it out since it looked promising enough for an affordable price. However when I opened up the package and launched the device, I got the very first andriod initialization screen where you have to select langauge, wifi, date, etc...

However the system (after selecting wifi network) suddenly prompts me with this screen page:
https://i.imgur.com/1Y1uUqz.jpg

And doesn't let me through it unless I enter previous owner's email and password, which is impossible to know since the DAP was sold to me as NEW. I contacted the seller through eBay already but so far it's been 3 days with no response.

After intense googling and research, my conclusion is that either the seller was testing the DAP out and did not log out of his Google account before formatting the device, causing me to trigger the FRP when I launched it, or some factory worker who assembled and tested the device did, in which case I'm out of luck of finding their account information.

I googled through the entire Internet, did find a few solutions but those only worked on actual smartphones, and since DAPs don't even have home buttons or stuff like that, the fixes don't apply here.

TLDR: DAP stuck in FRP, was wondering if there is some "top secret" way of bypassing this or fixing it? I really don't want to go through the process of shipping it back and waiting for a new unit / refund... :triportsad: Plus the seller doesn't seem too interested in helping, regardless of good feedback on eBay.

Thank you in advance, PM if you think it's more appropriate.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back