NEW DAP RECOMMDATIONS
Jul 31, 2021 at 6:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Engineer2002

New Head-Fier
Hi all...
I am looking for recommendations for a new high end DAP from a decent & honest company..
Only criteria is.

Android OS
Good battery life
Excellent customer service.
4.4 balanced & 3.5 Jack output
And it needs to be able to be used as a digital transport via USB-C.

I've heard iBasso are an excellent company to deal with as are Fiio (I'm led to believe).
I would go with A & K but I've been told they no longer support Tidal.
All Recommendations appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #2 of 19
A&K support tidal. Have you considered the SE180.

Jul 31, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #3 of 19
Hi all...
Having had extremely bad experiences with two HIBY Daps & indeed their customer support.
I am looking for recommendations for a new high end DAP from a decent & honest company..
Only criteria is.

Android OS
Good battery life
Excellent customer service.
4.4 balanced & 3.5 Jack output
And it needs to be able to be used as a digital transport via USB-C.

I've heard iBasso are an excellent company to deal with as are Fiio (I'm led to believe).
I would go with A & K but I've been told they no longer support Tidal.
All Recommendations appreciated.
Thanks in advance

This forum has threads on all of the current offerings out there. I would suggest some research, especially for high end DAPs as almost all of them have quirks such as 1) poor wifi and battery life, 2) custom Android OS workarounds or 3) problems with specific streaming services. You'll have to decide what are your must-have priorities and what issues you can live with.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #4 of 19
This forum has threads on all of the current offerings out there. I would suggest some research, especially for high end DAPs as almost all of them have quirks such as 1) poor wifi and battery life, 2) custom Android OS workarounds or 3) problems with specific streaming services. You'll have to decide what are your must-have priorities and what issues you can live with.
Thanks for your reply & yes I have been doing research/reading reviews etc
But personal experience of other consumers is always good & there seems to be people with a great deal of experience of the numerous brands/models etc on this forum.
Thanks & enjoy

Jul 31, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #5 of 19

Thanks for your reply & yes I have been doing research/reading reviews etc
But personal experience of other consumers is always good & there seems to be people with a great deal of experience of the numerous brands/models etc on this forum.
Thanks & enjoy

I'll throw out a suggestion for a Shanling M3x. It's definitely not high end, but everything seems to work and mine is problem-free. I suppose you could look at the M6 Pro (21) if you simply have to spend more money.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #6 of 19
A&K support tidal. Have you considered the SE180.
Ahhh thanks for that...
I had looked at the SE200 but the thought of 2 dacs for two different outputs seemed a little excessive...
I hadn't heard of the SE180 but it ticks all the boxes and the review I quickly scanned said its impressive.
Also my Ifi Aurora has LDAC which is good for when I'm not attaching via 3.5.
Thanks - I'm seriously thinking about that as an option & it's on Amazon so I could test drive it.
Many thanks to you 😀

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #10 of 19
Ahhh thanks for that...
I had looked at the SE200 but the thought of 2 dacs for two different outputs seemed a little excessive...
I hadn't heard of the SE180 but it ticks all the boxes and the review I quickly scanned said its impressive.
Also my Ifi Aurora has LDAC which is good for when I'm not attaching via 3.5.
Thanks - I'm seriously thinking about that as an option & it's on Amazon so I could test drive it.
Many thanks to you 😀

I can't think of any other brand that has more dissatisfied customers than A&K. But it sure is "high-end", at least on price. And some love it.

Jul 31, 2021 at 7:04 PM Post #12 of 19
At a more affordable price point the new Fiio m11 plus

Aug 3, 2021 at 6:05 AM Post #14 of 19
Works rather well, doesn't it :sunglasses: ?
Lol - indeed it does!
Although when using a quality DAP & for extended listening, I always use wired.
Thank you for an excellent piece of kit.
I love the way the Aurora produces music.
And having had an Ear Yoshino amp.
The Auroras tube preamp is just divine.
Wouldn't swap it for anything else under 2.5k.
And as a footnote - I also have an Ifi ipurifier 3 usb and 4 AC ipurifers...& they're exceptionally good.
Thanks
(You should put your expertise into a Dap!)

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #15 of 19
Ear Yoshino amp.

1111.jpg

Thank you for an excellent piece of kit.
I love the way the Aurora produces music.

You're welcome!

The Auroras tube preamp is just divine.
Wouldn't swap it for anything else under 2.5k.
And as a footnote - I also have an Ifi ipurifier 3 usb and 4 AC ipurifers...& they're exceptionally good.

Suffice it to say, hybrid amps are what we like :wink:

You should put your expertise into a Dap!

Perhaps one day we will, but the odds for that are rather slim.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back