New Dali iO-12 ANC Headphones – Impressions Thread
May 5, 2024 at 3:43 PM Post #1,081 of 1,142
Your English is fine
You mean io-12 sounds more detailed, thicker with more robust low end than d7200? How much difference are we talking about
When using the traditional wired mode, with the ca1000 listening, the d7200 has a better effect. When using the Bluetooth mode, the io12 is better. D7200 failed to make me "wow" no matter the Bluetooth mode of team1 or mub1.

I have been using translation software to translate my words into English to communicate with everyone. My English level is limited.

May 5, 2024 at 4:15 PM Post #1,082 of 1,142
When using the traditional wired mode, with the ca1000 listening, the d7200 has a better effect. When using the Bluetooth mode, the io12 is better. D7200 failed to make me "wow" no matter the Bluetooth mode of team1 or mub1.

I have been using translation software to translate my words into English to communicate with everyone. My English level is limited.
So, in wired d7200 is better and in bluetooth io12 is better
Thank you👍
Do d7200 in wired mode make you vow?

May 5, 2024 at 4:30 PM Post #1,083 of 1,142
So, in wired d7200 is better and in bluetooth io12 is better
Thank you👍
Do d7200 in wired mode make you vow?
First of all. I must honestly tell you that I don't have much experience in listening to the d7200. The d7200 is not comfortable to wear. Every time I wear it for about half an hour, I can't help but want to take it off. This is the main reason why I sell it.

My favourite sound is: on the basis of the three-frequency balance, improve some high-frequency brightness, and add appropriate overtones to get a better atmosphere, and the sound is warm.

The d7200 is not bright enough most of the time, only in some piano recordings and solo recordings of individual classical guitars, which gives me the feeling of "wow".

May 5, 2024 at 4:32 PM Post #1,084 of 1,142
First of all. I must honestly tell you that I don't have much experience in listening to the d7200. The d7200 is not comfortable to wear. Every time I wear it for about half an hour, I can't help but want to take it off. This is the main reason why I sell it.

My favourite sound is: on the basis of the three-frequency balance, improve some high-frequency brightness, and add appropriate overtones to get a better atmosphere, and the sound is warm.

The d7200 is not bright enough most of the time, only in some piano recordings and solo recordings of individual classical guitars, which gives me the feeling of "wow".
Thank you bro❤️ for your review

May 6, 2024 at 11:24 AM Post #1,085 of 1,142
Today is 6 months since I owning the iO-12. This is a BT/ANC headphone that people with experience with (very) good wired-only headphones and speakers must trying one day -- I'm sure many of this people will having a very positive surprise.

Dali doing a remarkable job in the research and development of this headphone.

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 6:17 PM Post #1,086 of 1,142
@mcook1970 am curious if you’ve discovered any new fun things about the Dalis after a few more days with them
I’ve had them for about week now and I can honestly say without hesitation these are the best ANC wireless I’ve owned, and I’ve owned quite a few over the years. What makes these stand out is the fact they sound good regardless of what mode I use, e.g., Bluetooth, usb or passive. I’m currently listening to Tool’s ‘Undertow’ album via USB and haven’t ever heard it this good. I listened to Portishead’s ‘Roseland NYC live’ earlier and I felt like I was actually at the concert, Beth Gibbons vocal was spine tingling at times. I’ve been using them daily and addicted to them, today is the first time I’ve had to charge them. I am just so amazed at the sound quality, like having speakers strapped to my head!

May 6, 2024 at 6:25 PM Post #1,087 of 1,142
I’ve had them for about week now and I can honestly say without hesitation these are the best ANC wireless I’ve owned, and I’ve owned quite a few over the years. What makes these stand out is the fact they sound good regardless of what mode I use, e.g., Bluetooth, usb or passive. I’m currently listening to Tool’s ‘Undertow’ album via USB and haven’t ever heard it this good. I listened to Portishead’s ‘Roseland NYC live’ earlier and I felt like I was actually at the concert, Beth Gibbons vocal was spine tingling at times. I’ve been using them daily and addicted to them, today is the first time I’ve had to charge them. I am just so amazed at the sound quality, like having speakers strapped to my head!
New profile picture time!

May 6, 2024 at 6:34 PM Post #1,088 of 1,142
New profile picture time!
IMG_0012.jpeg

May 7, 2024 at 9:09 AM Post #1,090 of 1,142
Question: Am I going to see massive sound improvements just plugging the USB-C Directly into my MacBook Pro or do I need at least an apple dongle or some small other DAC to really get the potential here vs bluetooth?
Using dac mode directly connected to the usbc port will be greatly improved. In my test, the 3.5-port passive mode is not better than the USB dac mode, even if I have used enough good equipment. If you want to get better results, use a favourite dac to drive io12 in 3.5 mode, but let io12 turn on at the same time, which can retain the sound style of your favourite dac.

May 7, 2024 at 9:18 AM Post #1,091 of 1,142
Using dac mode directly connected to the usbc port will be greatly improved. In my test, the 3.5-port passive mode is not better than the USB dac mode, even if I have used enough good equipment. If you want to get better results, use a favourite dac to drive io12 in 3.5 mode, but let io12 turn on at the same time, which can retain the sound style of your favourite dac.
Curious question, what is your native language? Just asking out of genuine wonder

May 7, 2024 at 9:27 AM Post #1,094 of 1,142
あなたの英語はとても上手です。コンピューター翻訳もとてもよく機能します。
I use the translation function that comes with the iPhone.

Maybe we shouldn't discuss anything other than headphones in this thread. But occasionally a few interesting replies make this thread more vivid and interesting.:beerchug:

May 7, 2024 at 10:04 AM Post #1,095 of 1,142
Question: Am I going to see massive sound improvements just plugging the USB-C Directly into my MacBook Pro or do I need at least an apple dongle or some small other DAC to really get the potential here vs bluetooth?

You don't need a DAC if you're using a direct connection between the USB-C cable and your MBP.

If you're using the same master of a track/album, your (human) ears will not hearing a real difference between a lossless CD-quality or hi-res file (via USB-C cable) and a 192/256/320kbps BT file. In a true blind test you will not hearing a difference if you're using the same master. Mathematically, the lossless CD-quality file is have more high bitrate (1441kbps), and hi-res even more high, than a BT file (usually 192/256/320kbps), but your (human) ears will not hearing this differences in sound quality even if you have very good 'golden ears'.

The recording / master quality of a track/album is very more important than super high bitrate.

My advice: use BT mode.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back