New DAC/Amp to Replace iBasso D10???
Nov 9, 2012 at 9:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

chinook9

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for a new DAC/amp that will improve upon my iBasso D10. I primarily listen using my custom triplefi 10s, however, I also have RE-262s, Shure SRH-840s, and V-Moda M80s. I play flac files digital audio out of my Samsung S3. Listening preferences include Pink Floyd, Bob Seger & Silver Bullet Band, and Fleetwood Mac. Most of my listening is at home in a very quiet environment where I focus on listening to the music. I like to hear all the detail in the recording. Would like to move up a notch over the iBasso D10 and keep it under $350. I'm a value buyer, so the more bang-for-the-buck the better I like it. I have no trouble buying used or refurbished. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Nov 9, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #2 of 4
If you still need a portable solution, the Leckerton UHA-6S.mkII is generating quite the buzz. I ordered one for myself just now. 

If you can use a desktop solution, then ODAC+O2amp combo from JDS labs is the best in your budget. 

Nov 9, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #3 of 4
If you still need a portable solution, the Leckerton UHA-6S.mkII is generating quite the buzz. I ordered one for myself just now. 

If you can use a desktop solution, then ODAC+O2amp combo from JDS labs is the best in your budget. 

Thanks for the response. Its interesting that these were the only two on my short list at this moment. I had thought about the Leckerton for a couple of weeks and was in Austin, Texas all last week. I sent Leckerton an e-mail asking if I could pick one up when I was there but I didn't get a response. Thanks again. Note, I do not need portable, but it is handier, even though I just listen around the house.

Nov 11, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #4 of 4
Little question :  With FLAC, will the Leckerton's 16-bit/48kHz USB limitation be a problem ? what is the bit-rate of most of your FLAC ? 

I am asking this because I am considering buying the INTRUDER from raySamuels, It seems to be a VERY goog Amp, but it's internal DAC 16/48 limitation make me wonder if it is OK or if I will loose a lot from my High res files ?  If this is the case I will have to find a portable 24/192 dac/amp !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back