New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Jul 19, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #1,337 of 4,065
I've found silicone to offer a little more isolation, but silicone and acrylic both block frequencies differently.  The reason I believe my silicone CIEM performed so well was the Custom Art gave me the deepest fit of my four CIEMs.

Jul 19, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #1,338 of 4,065
  I've found silicone to offer a little more isolation, but silicone and acrylic both block frequencies differently.  The reason I believe my silicone CIEM performed so well was the Custom Art gave me the deepest fit of my four CIEMs.

This good point.  I would think the sound wave reflective properties would be different.  I'm curious how the different material would do to the sound.  I wonder what frequencies are depends on the material types?

Jul 20, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #1,339 of 4,065
Yes it is like light reflected on different surfaces get different colors. I believe that silicon have a little bit lusher sound. The ultimate sound tubes would possible be made of paper since wood, in particular pine, sounds good (Stradivarius violins). You can read about this on Altmann's (The inventor of the Tera player) homepage. He uses paper membranes on all his loudspeakers.

Jul 20, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #1,342 of 4,065
Originally Posted by soundblast75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

....and the base plates of his home electronics products are made of wood:

Ok guys wrong thread..

Yo Soundblast,
Linskog's post was about different materials used in to generating sound. Charles Altmann has extensively studied this subject and pubished many interesting articles which relate directly to sound generating devices like IEM's and CIEM's. Also, he does not actually make IEM's or CIEM's, only electronics like DAP's, amps, preamps, and Harley accessories. A DAP like his Tera is likely a very excellent choice to drive Custom Art CIEM's, so how is this inappropriate to this thread?

Jul 20, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #1,343 of 4,065

Yo Soundblast,
Linskog's post was about different materials used in to generating sound. Charles Altmann has extensively studied this subject and pubished many interesting articles which relate directly to sound generating devices like IEM's and CIEM's. Also, he does not actually make IEM's or CIEM's, only electronics like DAP's, amps, preamps, and Harley accessories. A DAP like his Tera is likely a very excellent choice to drive Custom Art CIEM's, so how is this inappropriate to this thread?

No need to go on about it, ive had the Tera, keep to the CA topic here
wink_face.gif

Jul 20, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #1,345 of 4,065
Jul 21, 2014 at 6:13 AM Post #1,346 of 4,065
Hi

With a budget of up to £400 which models should I be looking at for progressive rock and metal?

I'm coming from a minerva mi1 (single ba) so would like a bit more bass, thanks.

Jul 21, 2014 at 8:11 AM Post #1,348 of 4,065
Hi

With a budget of up to £400 which models should I be looking at for progressive rock and metal?

I'm coming from a minerva mi1 (single ba) so would like a bit more bass, thanks.

Music Two or Pro330v2 as suggested. Both will work for rock/metal they have slightly different signatures. Pro330 is more revealing more "studio-like" but by no means cold. Music Two is brighter more airy and more forgiving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back