New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
May 8, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #32 of 4,065
Quote:
Piotrus, is there some sort of discount if for some reason you need to reshell you customs in the future or is the price just around $200?

No. There is ownership transfer option - like Heir Audio has. It's 300PLN which is slightly more than $100. The cost will be the same for reworking IEMs after 12 months warranty (in case of damage) or 30days refit period.

May 8, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #33 of 4,065
Quote:
I can understand why beige isn't popular; people would think you're wearing a hearing aid.

If you have ANY gray hair - beige CIEM's would make you look really old!

May 9, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #34 of 4,065
Quote:
No. There is ownership transfer option - like Heir Audio has. It's 300PLN which is slightly more than $100. The cost will be the same for reworking IEMs after 12 months warranty (in case of damage) or 30days refit period.

Nice feature...a built in backup plan!

Quote:
If you have ANY gray hair - beige CIEM's would make you look really old!

eek.gif

May 9, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #35 of 4,065
Quote:

Bass - depends on the song, if the song doesn't have bass Customy no bass, but if is more and deep bass Customy produce a lot off
Mids - vocal, one of the best I've ever heard, better than Shure 5xx, heard it very well on the high female vocals, when Shure sound inexpressive. All mids are very detailed, easily distinguish between several guitars, bass.
Highs - detailed but not the obvious. No strong edge like T-PEOS H100, Etymotic 4, more play higs as Audeo Phonak 232.
Very good balance between fun and analysis.

thanks very much! misiekkb, i'm in! selling my asg1.2 i think to try these....

May 9, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #39 of 4,065
Quote:
I'd like to know a little more about the cables used.  Do they have memory wire?  Will the clear cable oxidize and turn green over time? 

There're two basic types of IEM cables - one is braided like UM/Westone/JH and so one, and second is the same as ACS/Minerva/Lime use. I use the second type. Cable shouldn't oxidize, you can always order black or white cable to avoid green look. No memory wire.
Quote:
Really interesting promotional price, consider me intrigued. So I guess preorder will only be accepted from 15th Mei onward?

Yes, From 15th May. I just need some time to prepare everything to be able to handle so many orders. Just a final touches, though.
Quote:
Might get my first pair of customs with these prices. Very tempted. I am curious about the custom tips for iems, is the price in the op the regular or sale price?

Regular price for Ear Tips is 179PLN promo is 89PLN but promo applies to T400 nozzle only, in limited colors.

May 9, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #42 of 4,065
Quote:
It appears Poland is becoming the next mecca of custom IEMs!  First, Spiral Ear, then Lime Ears, and now Custom Art.  I too am getting the Pro 100 and am hoping for the best!

Why the 100? You're more a "top of the line" kinda guy, usually.

I had intended to put something up, but I've been a bit busy these past few days. I sent impressions out for a Pro-Audio Series 100 last week, 

You too went for the 100??

May 9, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #44 of 4,065
I'm not a huge fan of memory wires. Plus there's a big price gap between cable with and without memory wire. It can be optional. It would cost 100PLN (~$35) more, though.

Very good news Piotr, thanks very much for your fast answer!
I'll opt for it then!

May 9, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #45 of 4,065
The memory wire on my CT-500 is useful.  On the other hand the memory wire on the R-50 made it well nigh unwearable.  I'm willing to try without if the cable is good quality and reasonably flexible.

Because this is the same cable used by Minerva/ACS etc... can someone who has experience with those CIEMs (e.g. Average Joe) comment on quality and comfort?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back