NEW custom hybrid two box for HP2i
Nov 17, 2009 at 6:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Nik

Headphoneus Supremus
Finally arrived (after 6 mounts) the custom amp for my HP2i, it is a hybrid amp, built by Silvano Sivieri (italian designer). The amp has been built with the HP2i on the hands...

This is a two box amp with RGN1064 mesh rectifier and E80CC signal tubes.

Here Videohifi Forum (our italian forum),you can see some pics of it.

Nik

Nov 25, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #3 of 12
This beast is the very best amp Ihave tried with my HP2i! I was convinced that the Millet 307A was the number one, but after a hard comparison about the two amps, the first place (without any doubt) is for the Sivieri two box hybrid amp. The powerfull and dynamic are at the highest level I have heard to date with HP2i, I don't think that this cans can give more than they are giving now!

The Millet 307A is still an incredible amp, but now he is at the second place considering the HP2.

For those who are looking for the best companion for the HP2, I recomend a hybrid design and if possible two box.

Best!
Nik

Nov 26, 2009 at 1:24 PM Post #5 of 12
You are the biggest music gastronome. I am fan of you. Really nice to see how you build equipment with care to your headpone and sound preferences. I guess, it could be cool try this amp even with MS-Pro.

Nov 26, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #8 of 12
Thanks guys!

I think that the HP2i did not expressed their self like today with this hybrid amp. The power and dynamic you can hear is something DRAMATIC !!!

I'm still convinced that no any other dynamic cans can beat the Joseph Grado HP2i, but they need a monster amp to give you the max they can do...

I'll come back to you soon with the schematic of the driver.

Nov 26, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #9 of 12
Sweet, congrats!
smile.gif

happy_face1.gif

Nov 26, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #10 of 12
Comparing the two amps (Millet 307A and my hybrid), with the Millet I have a "vintage" sound, that is very good, the max I heard with the HP2i untill now.

With the hybrid two box, I have a incredible modern sound with A LOT of power, a new life to the old hyclass lady !!!

May be this is the first custom amp voiced for the Joseph's creature...

Nov 26, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #11 of 12
That sure looks like a killer amplifier. Congratulations!
smile.gif

Nov 29, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #12 of 12
This is all I know about the driver, I do not have permission to show the schematic, sorry.

Totem pole E80CC for the first stage
SEPP transistor for the end stage
Power is 10W/32 ohm
Impedence in:100 ohm

A new lush box will be realized soon...

Best!
Nik

Users who are viewing this thread

Back