New Creative Player! The Zen
Aug 28, 2007 at 12:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 66

Digitalbath3737

500+ Head-Fier
* Capacity: 4GB, 8GB, and 16GB's
* 2.5" display with 16.7 million colors
* SD Expansion Slot (possible support for SDHC)
* FM tuner
* Pricing: $149, $199, $299 respectively

Link

Link

In order for me to consider buying it I'd like good SQ (creative SQ usually isn't very good imo), gapless, support MPEG4 and they have to have SDHC. It looks promising though.

Aug 28, 2007 at 12:39 PM Post #2 of 66
That player looks amazing, but is it worth the dough? 16GB for $300 is alot even though the 16 mil colour screen is real tempting...

Aug 28, 2007 at 12:48 PM Post #3 of 66
Usually Creative DAPs see a price cut quickly. The $300 will be $250 in about two months time. In six months I wouldn't be surprised to see it for $230 plus free shipping or something along those lines.

Aug 28, 2007 at 3:18 PM Post #7 of 66
looks nice... and better priced than the iaudio d2, which i think is the only other player with similar features...

Also, all this new 16gb flash players lead me to believe that we will see the death of the hdd DAP in the next 12 months... i think HDD's will only be used in PMP's...

Aug 28, 2007 at 3:21 PM Post #8 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroyume /img/forum/go_quote.gif
looks nice... and better priced than the iaudio d2, which i think is the only other player with similar features...

Also, all this new 16gb flash players lead me to believe that we will see the death of the hdd DAP in the next 12 months... i think HDD's will only be used in PMP's...

I don't. I doubt we'll see 60GB flash players in a year, and there are TONS of people who need more than 16GB or even 30GB. Not to mention the price on a 30GB flash player would be ridiculous.

I was hoping they'd come out with a new HDD player so this is a letdown for me. Maybe they still will.

Aug 28, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #9 of 66
Quote:

I was hoping they'd come out with a new HDD player so this is a letdown for me. Maybe they still will.

Yeah, I feel the same way. This appears to be a very nice unit and I'm sure it will sell well since 8-16gb is enough for most users (plus there's the SD expansion slot... nice...), but personally I need a lot more. I'd love to be free of a hard drive but the technology to provide 60+ gb of flash for a reasonable price is still a few years away I'm afraid.

Aug 28, 2007 at 3:42 PM Post #10 of 66
Supports AAC. Does the ZVM support AAC.
Holy crap, I have it and I don't even know.

Aug 28, 2007 at 3:47 PM Post #12 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Supports AAC. Does the ZVM support AAC.
Holy crap, I have it and I don't even know.

Nope, this is a first for Creative: supporting AAC.

Aug 28, 2007 at 3:52 PM Post #13 of 66
For those hoping for HDD Creative is supposed to announce 2 more players soon. If this is any indication I think we are seeing a whole new Creative

Aug 28, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #14 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Digitalbath3737 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In order for me to consider buying it I'd like good SQ (creative SQ usually isn't very good imo),...

I always thought My Zen Micro sounded decent. Where is all this negative option about Creative SQ coming from. I would have assumed its always been up there with the best players, at least with the HD players. I have no experience of the flash ones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfindon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...I was hoping they'd come out with a new HDD player so this is a letdown for me. Maybe they still will.

I read a interview recently where they said Creative wasn't the profit margins in the HD player sector that there is in Flash. So that didn't sound too hopeful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back