New Creative Headphones
Sep 4, 2013 at 1:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

disillusion

Head-Fier
Hello, newbie here (but have been lurking for a while). Just saw this on Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/03/creative-aurvana-ifa-2013/), maybe some people will be interested?

Creative Aurvana Platinum
Creative Aurvana Gold
Creative Aurvana Live!2
Aurvana Live!
GENERAL
Wearing Style
Over-the-Ear​
Over-the-Ear​
Over-the-Ear​
Over-the-Ear​
Weight
332g (11.7oz)​
292g (10.3oz)​
255g (9oz)​
210g (7.4oz)​
Adjustable Headband
Yes​
Yes​
Yes​
Yes​
Color
Silver Brown​
Black Gold​
Black Dark Chrome 
Black Dark Red Chrome​
Black​
Included Accessories
1 airplane adapter 
1 detachable flat audio cable, 2.5mm-to-3.5mm gold-plated stereo plug (1.2m) 
1 USB charging cable (1m / 3.3ft) 
1 durable travel pouch​
1 airplane adapter 
1 detachable flat audio cable, 2.5mm-to-3.5mm gold-plated stereo plug (1.2m) 
1 USB charging cable (1m / 3.3ft) 
1 durable travel pouch​
1 soft microfiber travel pouch 
1 detachable flat audio cable with inline microphone and a 1-button remote with volume adjustment, 2.5mm-to-3.5mm gold-plated 4-pole plug (1.2m)​
1 set of 1.5m (4.9 ft) extension cable, 6.3mm (0.25 in) stereo adapter 
1 travel pouch​
SPECIFICATIONS
Product Type
Wireless Headset​
Wireless Headset​
Wired Headset​
Wired Headphones​
Inline Control
-​
-​
Yes​
-​
Volume Control
Yes​
Yes​
Yes​
-​
Active Noise Cancellation
Up to 20dB (90%) with quad microphones​
Up to 17dB (85%) with dual microphones​
-​
-​
Noise Isolation
-​
-​
-​
Yes​
aptX
Yes​
Yes​
-​
-​
Drivers
50mm (1.97 inches) Neodymium magnet​
40mm (1.57 inches) Neodymium magnet​
40mm (1.57 inches) Neodymium magnet with composite Bio-Cellulose diaphragm​
40mm (1.57 inches) Neodymium magnet​
Frequency Response
10Hz ~ 25kHz​
15Hz ~ 22kHz​
10Hz ~ 30KHz​
10Hz ~ 30KHz​
Sensitivity
105dB/mW​
105dB/mW​
105dB/mW​
103dB/mW​
Connector Type
Bluetooth 3.0​
Bluetooth 3.0​
2.5mm-to-3.5mm gold-plated 4-pole plug 
Compatible with the latest smartphones and tablets supporting 3.5mm 4-pole connector (CTIA standard). Functions may vary among devices. It is not recommended to use on a device with regular stereo or 3-pole socket.​
3.5mm (0.13 inches) Connector​
Cable Length
1.2m / 3.9ft​
1.2m / 3.9ft​
1.2m / 3.9ft​
1.2m / 3.9ft​
Cable Style
Detachable flat audio cable​
Detachable flat audio cable​
Detachable Oxygen-Free Copper flat cable, 1.2m​
Oxygen-Free Copper cable​
Near Field Communication (NFC)
Yes​
Yes​
-​
-​
BATTERY SPECIFICATIONS
Type of Battery
Rechargeable Lithium Ion battery, 3.7V, 620mAh​
Rechargeable Lithium Ion battery, 3.7V, 620mAh​
-​
-​
Battery Life
Charge time: 2 hours 
Play time: 15 hours 
Talk time: 21 hours (without ANC)​
Charge time: 2 hours 
Play time: 15 hours 
Talk time: 21 hours (without ANC)​
-​
-​
MICROPHONE SPECIFICATIONS (*HEADSETS ONLY)
Frequency Response
-​
-​
100Hz ~ 10kHz​
-​
Sensitivity
-​
-​
- 42dBV / Pa​
-​
Detachable
No​
No​
Yes​
-​
RECOMMENDED USAGE
Wireless Streaming
Yes​
Yes​
-​
-​
Music/Movies
Yes​
Yes​
Yes​
Yes​
Gaming
-​
-​
-​
Yes​
Chats
Yes​
Yes​
Yes​
-​
from the UK Creative site.

ps I hope I posted in the right forum.

Sep 4, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #2 of 15
Thanks for posting this! While I'm excited for the CAL! 2, I can't help but be disappointed that the Gold and Platinum (with their Bluetooth and ANC) are a bit of a missed opportunity for Creative. Assuming these are OEMed by Foster, these could have been the true D2000 / D5000 successors everybody's been waiting for.

Sep 4, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #3 of 15
Well on the product page it does say you can use the Platinum and the Gold in wired and passive mode.
http://uk.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-aurvana-platinum
http://uk.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-aurvana-gold

Sep 4, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #4 of 15

Looks like a 2.5mm to 3.5mm. Shame 3.5 to 3.5 would have given more options.

They also look like the new Denons in some ways. So, seems like the Foster relationship continues.

Sep 4, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #5 of 15
I'm really interested in the Aurvana Platinum (at least I hope it won't sound like crap with the ANC on
biggrin.gif
). I've been looking for a non-overpriced decent bluetooth+ANC headphone ("overpriced" and "noise canceling" can't stand in the same sentence
rolleyes.gif
) and I was consistently waiting for a price drop on the Ziks. Maybe I'll be able to snatch a pair of those with a pre-order deal... Who knows!

Sep 4, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #6 of 15
Those drivers sure look like the D2000/5000/7000 to me, might be a good thing here if the price is right. I'll bite on the 2's cable has to go tho.

Sep 4, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #7 of 15
Well on the product page[COLOR=000080] it does say you can use the Platinum and the Gold in wired and passive mode.[/COLOR]
http://uk.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-aurvana-platinum
http://uk.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-aurvana-gold

Indeed, but I'd rather all of my cash go to better drivers than Bluetooth or ANC. Notice how "bio-cellulose" is absent from the driver description of the Platinum and Gold (though it's also missing from the CAL! 1 :rolleyes: ).

Sep 4, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #8 of 15
Indeed, but I'd rather all of my cash go to better drivers than Bluetooth or ANC. Notice how "bio-cellulose" is absent from the driver description of the Platinum and Gold (though it's also missing from the CAL! 1 :rolleyes: ).

It's on the CAL, just up top

Aurvana Live!
Music Headphones

High-definition playback from bio-cellulose drivers and lightweight comfort with high-gloss finish and sophisticated design.

Sep 4, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #9 of 15
Thanks for pointing that out.

It's pretty sad how many of the Engadget comments are completely writing off Creative despite how good the CAL!s are. Have they even tried them before?

If LustEnvy = MadLustEnvy, keep fighting the good fight, sir. I couldn't handle such ignorance myself... :veryevil:

Sep 4, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #10 of 15
Thanks for pointing that out.

It's pretty sad how many of the Engadget comments are completely writing off Creative despite how good the CAL!s are. Have they even tried them before?

If LustEnvy = MadLustEnvy, keep fighting the good fight, sir. I couldn't handle such ignorance myself... :veryevil:

Most likely not, could be Beat/M50 Fanboy's just trash talking. From what it looks like to me, Is at lest the Live 2's are kinda using the D600 as a framework for their styling but the drivers look like D2000/5000's. I'm in for a 2 live for sure, the price looks great, and the Live 1 is still my 2nd favorite can under 130 or so. Looks like a no-Brainer my wallet.

Sep 6, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #13 of 15
I was hoping the Gold and Platinum to be in fully passive mode as well! Even if it allow us to do so, the circuit in the headphone will still affect the sound even so slightly. Anyway, I'm still extremely excited to see how those 3 headphones sound xD

Billson :)

Sep 9, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #14 of 15
Interesting to see that the Gold and the Platinum have aptX lossless wireless. They are not cheap though and drivers/sound are unknown.

The Live!2 has efficient biocellulose drivers, flat-folding cups and detachable cable. But it is: 1) Not cheap like Live!1 ($172 retail); 2) 50 g Heavier and 3) With minimal headband padding.

Sep 9, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #15 of 15
Interesting to see that the Gold and the Platinum have aptX lossless wireless. They are not cheap though and drivers/sound are unknown.

The Live!2 has efficient biocellulose drivers, flat-folding cups and detachable cable. But it is: 1) Not cheap like Live!1 ($172 retail); 2) 50 g Heavier and 3) With minimal headband padding.

Will just have to wait for the price to drop xD $172 are not that bad at least it's still under $200 price bracket

Billson :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back