New clip soon anybody?
Jun 29, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #16 of 24
I suppose it's one of those rumors that people latch on to just because we really want it to be true.

And it just makes sense for Sansa to make a new clip that's compatible with their slot music and slot radio cards.

Jun 29, 2009 at 3:34 AM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by mambo5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So your saying you're 100% sure there ISN'T gonna be a new clip? You really don't know. The OP isn't even sure if this new clip is real(or in the making). And aren't we all entitled to being gullible sometimes?

Enthusiastic - sure - gullible ? Thats a marketers dream, and one of the reasons that there are so many interconnects/portable amps etc of dubious value on the market today. They know there is one born every minute. If I put out a new video card tomorrow, claiming that its the best thing since sliced bread, 15 sites will have a review up within a week showing FPS and other data that proves/disproves my marketing : that simply doesnt exist in audio.

No, I'm not 100% sure that there will NOT be a new Clip. I also know nothing of plans for Sennheiser to release a cheaper version of the HD800 (the HD740), aimed at those of us who cant afford the 800 ...... sure, it would make no sense, but what the hell : I'll just run that one up the flagpole and see who salutes.
dt880smile.png

Jun 29, 2009 at 4:43 AM Post #18 of 24
lol, not to beat a dead horse, but why would sandisk put out a clip with an expansion slot?** that would break into the fuze's market. if they were going to come out with a new player, i think it would be a completely new DAP. something that would probably replace both the fuze and the clip. of course, i hope that they don't. i don't necessarily want/need a color video screen on my DAP. but i think those of use who don't want a video screen are in the minority -- at least marketing-wise.

** that's a rhetorical question in case anyone bothers to point out the reasoning for it. i know that they'd probably like to incorporate that radiocard thingee into all of their players, but that is why i said that they'd probably come out with something entirely new.

Jun 29, 2009 at 5:23 AM Post #19 of 24
The other point that I will make is that the Net is a wonderful tool for both viral marketers and malicious types - anyone get caught up in the 'Jeff Goldblum falls off cliff/ Harrison Ford missing at sea' hoax last week ? It was astounding how quickly that spread through the forums. Rumors are all well and good, but I like to see something resembling a credible source before I get on the hype bandwagon. Without that kind of critical appraisal, we are the electronic equivalent of the 17th century village, where the tale just gets better with each retelling.

The irony here is that I think Head-Fi does more to drum up Sansa sales in my part of the world than the entire Sandisk marketing team.

Jul 6, 2009 at 8:09 AM Post #21 of 24
Interestingly, over at the Sansa-hosted Clip support forum there's been a conspicuous silence from the Sansa moderators and tech people. A thread specifically asking about the status of any firmware update has gone unanswered by Sansa personnel, even though it's been almost five months since the last firmware update and the Fuze had a major feature upgrade in April.

Additionally, there's been some discussion about Amazon listing the Clip as being "Discontinued" by the manufacturer. So clearly something is up...

I find it hard to believe they're walking away from this product entirely so I suspect (hope) there may soon be a new, redesigned Clip released. 16gb or 32gb with an expansion slot would be nice.

...Adding, my standard request/dream is that they would combine a Clip quality/size player with an E5-type amp in one compact, modestly-priced package. If Sansa won't do it, perhaps Head Direct could make a quality, small portable unit like this...

Jul 6, 2009 at 8:32 AM Post #22 of 24
Well, maybe it'll be the View we were all promised originally. I'd jump on that (ugly) puppy ASAP!!!
Sandisk.Sansaview_270x261.jpg

popcorn.gif

Jul 6, 2009 at 3:09 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robisan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find it hard to believe they're walking away from this product entirely so I suspect (hope) there may soon be a new, redesigned Clip released. 16gb or 32gb with an expansion slot would be nice.

...Adding, my standard request/dream is that they would combine a Clip quality/size player with an E5-type amp in one compact, modestly-priced package. If Sansa won't do it, perhaps Head Direct could make a quality, small portable unit like this...

I agree with your wishlist (or dreamlist). 16 or 32GB plus an expansion slot and a modular clip on E5 type amp would be awesome. And a 3.5mm line out jack would be on my list also! I don't want to watch videos on my player and could care less about album art! Give me size and SQ!

Jul 6, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... And a 3.5mm line out jack would be on my list also! I don't want to watch videos on my player and could care less about album art! Give me size and SQ!

Yes and yes. With a way to switch off the amp when using the LO, so that 100% of the battery can be devoted to the player. Given battery reserves sufficient to drive both, running the player alone might exceed 30 hours playback on a charge.

...Adding, I'm serious about Head Direct too. If they were to build a low cost portable companion to the HifiMAN line -- top quality components in a well designed, very compact portable that includes an E5-type amp onboard -- it would be a big seller here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back