New Cavalli Audio Portable Amp officially in the works
Dec 2, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #362 of 566
Roughly how much will the Liquid Sparks going to be?

At RMAF, Alex was saying anywhere from $300-700.  It was too early to tell what his costs would be so he couldn't be more specific.

Dec 2, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #363 of 566
At RMAF, Alex was saying anywhere from $300-700.  It was too early to tell what his costs would be so he couldn't be more specific.
that is a very large price range. Personally I wouldn't pay more than 350 usd for portable amp. I tried most od the high end portable amp and I can say with confidence the higher end one rarely offer what their price is asking for.

Dec 2, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #364 of 566
that is a very large price range. Personally I wouldn't pay more than 350 usd for portable amp. I tried most od the high end portable amp and I can say with confidence the higher end one rarely offer what their price is asking for.

I think we'd all love to see it priced as low as possible. I do think you should give it a listen before judging the price, though.  This is a Cavalli amp through and through and the performance was very surprising.

Dec 2, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #365 of 566
+1 to Stillhart's comment. I think, in some ways, it's best to think of the Spark as a killer desktop amp that has the amazing option to be fully portable too. Because it sure as heck doesn't sound like it's portable once you strap on the headphones.

The first time I heard it was with the HE1000. IMO, the Spark smoked the beefy HiFiMAN EF-6 I had been listening to it on just moments prior. More impact, more dynamic energy, better air, more lively soundstage, better tone... all of it. It was a window into the music you only experience with the best of the best. Forget the size, forget the portability, and this thing still rocks. Period.

I don't know what crazy voodoo Alex used to get it down to this size, but there is nothing natural about this kind of sound in this kind of package. To my ears, this little box of goodness even takes some massive $1,500+ desktop amps to task. It's not right. It's not natural. But it is freakin' awesome.

I'd say give it a listen and let your ears be the judge, because if you do, I don't think you'll just be thinking of it as a portable amp anymore.

Dec 18, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #367 of 566
  Will the Cavalli Portable Amp also include a DAC with DSD playback? 
Or is the focus an Amp only vs. an Amp + Player (DAP) ?

It is an amp only.  Currently, Cavalli Audio doesn't make any DAC's, just amps.

Dec 18, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #369 of 566
  Too bad.  A Portable Cavalli Amp + DAC would be quite interesting.

Absolutely agree!  Demand creates supply; if you're interested in it, let them know.  Who knows, we may get one some day...

Until then, the amp alone is pretty stellar from what I've heard at RMAF.

Jan 12, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #371 of 566
Since having totally sworn myself to a completely portable rig, this sounds very promising. Been looking for a good portable for my primes....

Feb 15, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #372 of 566
It can power a HE-1000 to it's full potential !!! This is increadible ! How long does it fun on battery ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back