New Can's for all around use
Apr 11, 2005 at 1:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

crazyboarder

100+ Head-Fier
thinking about getting some new can's i was thinking about k501's or dt880's but i would not be useing an amp at first and it would be out of a ipod or a powerbook. any suggestons. o and i have apple in ear buds and sr60's i forgot i lessen to mainly classic rock some new stuff

Apr 11, 2005 at 4:57 AM Post #3 of 5
I'd say be happy with the SR-60 if you like them. Or if you don't mind something bigger, the ATH-A900 might be to your liking, same with the HD595. Those are both quite large though, and not terribly conducive to portability. Though if you're thinking about the K501 and DT880 (I wouldn't recommend either of those unamped, by the way), size might not be a big deal for you.

Apr 11, 2005 at 5:17 AM Post #4 of 5
I'm no pro, but i just got a pair of hd-555's and they are great w/ no amp out of my computer (laptop and desktop) as well as my ipod mini. I have a cmoy also.. which i'm almost mad i bought because these headphones sound better unamped imho. Guess in need to buy a less efficient pair next :-D

Apr 11, 2005 at 5:45 PM Post #5 of 5
Apples Notebooks have a powerfull headphone jack, they could easily drive the K 501 and my DT 990 (the DT 880 should be similar). But on the iPod you wont get very happy with them unamped. You would have to crank up the volume to the max to get sound at usuable volume from them. Better get some good earbuds for the iPod and use the big cans only on the Powerbook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back